Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

19 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I just want a true head coach that is a leader and handles things well internally. I don't even want him to necessarily be offensive or defensive minded. Hire 2 good coordinators to take care of all that. 

And one who can get rid of Jameis Winston. Hence why Louis Riddick is my number one GM candidate 

19 hours ago, ravishingone said:

If Riverboat Ron and John Harbaugh become available who would you prefer?  If Rivera can bring Norv Turner with him I like him as a better option.  Interesting Licht and Rivera were in the Eagles organization for a year, and McDermott interviewed for the HC before Koetter was hired.  

Ron Rivera. He has won a lot of games with not much fire power on both sides of the ball. And he has creative OCs in his tenure.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Ron Rivera. He has won a lot of games with not much fire power on both sides of the ball. And he has creative OCs in his tenure.

I just think it is likely the Glazers prefer going retread this time.  If this is the case, guaranteed the new HC is going to insist on naming his own staff.  The chances of Monken being retained would be low 

Rivera will probably bring Turner.  His offense isn t that much different the Koetter s, but he certainly has shown an ability to have a rushing attack.  Off the top of my head Harbaugh s OCs have been the following: Mornhinway, Caldwell, Trestman, and Cameron.  So I agree if it is retread route, Rivera is my choice.

7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Dominik is kind of a moron but I do get the premise. Koetter has some real good things about him and some real bad. I feel that the good are great and the bad are horrendous. Two ends of the spectrum. That’s why I’m so torn about what to do tbh, especially if we finish 8-8 or 9-7. 

If Koetter and Licht get another year due to the Glazers not liking any other candidates or wanting to retain the offensive firepower and the defensive improvement (Duffner may have saved Koetter) I could see them saying give it one more season.

But we better 1. Fix the OL 2. Get a running game 3. Trade DJax and other vets to get lower under the cap and sign some young talent. I don’t know if we do that if Koetter and Licht stayed, which makes me thing another 8-8 or 9-7 run is what we’d get if they stayed around.

5 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Definitely questionable....  I think a little too unproven for me.

Flores' coaching resume is shorter then Rah s at the time of his hiring.  Interesting, hoodie didn t give him the DC title this season.  I d be curious about the rational of that decision.

If they go the assistant coach route, there are plenty of other off the radar candidates with a longer resume:  Toub, Fangio, and Wash come to mind.

Archived