Bye Week Look at the Future

WindyCity

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Coward at RT is a fascinating story.  If Bears pull that off and he is good they got so lucky.  Though I have been saying for decades that teams should be converting Dlinemen to Olinemen since there so many more good dline athletes than Oline athletes.  

20 mil in space with only large hole conceivably at OT?  One of youngest rosters in league still?  Bears are in really good shape. 

They are.

I should have added a RB, because I do not think that Howard is going to be a priority to re-sign.

Just now, chisoxguy7 said:

Which, given that you can find a starting RB in rounds 3-5 of the draft, is not a huge issue.

I think this is one of the best parts about the Mack trade.

It wiped out the Bears picks, but the positions they have needs like RT, S, maybe RB, are all positions that traditionally you can take care of in the mid rounds.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I think this is one of the best parts about the Mack trade.

It wiped out the Bears picks, but the positions they have needs like RT, S, maybe RB, are all positions that traditionally you can take care of in the mid rounds.

Exactly. Plus, when you consider that Oakland's 2020 2nd should be early, that gives us a semi-high pick to address a more premium position like CB, or use it to trade down and acquire more mid-round draft capital, which Pace has shown he can capitalize on.

Just now, chisoxguy7 said:

Exactly. Plus, when you consider that Oakland's 2020 2nd should be early, that gives us a semi-high pick to address a more premium position like CB, or use it to trade down and acquire more mid-round draft capital, which Pace has shown he can capitalize on.

It is day 3 and UDFA where my faith in Pace comes from right now.

Amos
Howard
Jackson
Cohen
Nichols
Wims
RRH
Meredith
Callahan
Coward

It gives me confidence that we will not backslide because of the 2 recent big trades.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

They are.

I should have added a RB, because I do not think that Howard is going to be a priority to re-sign.

You don't have to worry about that in 2019 ostensibly unless he holds out.   He will be UFA in 2020.  

Wait and see how his role shakes out and what market is for him in 2020.   It isn't going to be astronomical.  It may be a very doable thing.

Might not even be football in 2020.

Archived