Bye Week Assessment Thread

Leader

On 10/22/2018 at 11:31 AM, vegas492 said:

I'll try to sway you with Adams.  He's special.  His quickness is elite.  His route running is excellent.  He is flat out killing it this year, his first year as the featured WR.  He's everything you want from a WR 1.

I'm higher on Martinez than most.  He's on pace for like 150 tackles and 8 sacks.  He's a very good player.

Graham is quietly putting up a very nice year at tight end.  And he's been open a lot and been missed.  That part about getting open is what I like.

I'll be there with Adams if he goes the entire year at something close to his current pace.

To me, Martinez is the classic case of a high tackle count being confused with a high level of play.  He is OK, but I do not see him as a special player.

I'm just not seeing it with Graham.  In the open field he looks to be running something in the 6.0+ range.  He's a savvy enough vet, but I'm a little bummed when comparing the GB version of Graham vs what NO had in his early years. 

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'll be there with Adams if he goes the entire year at something close to his current pace.

To me, Martinez is the classic case of a high tackle count being confused with a high level of play.  He is OK, but I do not see him as a special player.

I'm just not seeing it with Graham.  In the open field he looks to be running something in the 6.0+ range.  He's a savvy enough vet, but I'm a little bummed when comparing the GB version of Graham vs what NO had in his early years. 

Don't confuse young fast Graham with this version that gets open with veteran knowledge.  Clearly he isn't a 4.5 tight end, closer to a 5.0.  Still, he's having a nice year despite the fact that he's been running free a lot without getting the ball.

Adams is going on a near record pace.  He can slow down and still be special!  And for his first year as the featured receiver??? You have to be impressed.  He's even getting open despite our two others guys being injured and GB having to rely on rookies.

We can agree to disagree on Martinez.  I get your point of view.  Hawk brings that out in people as we've seen that before.  I"m just impressed with how Blake can get to the ball.  He and Clark make a nice team inside.

Archived