Week 8: Green Bay Packers @ LA Rams

DistantRam

17 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

We werent lucky to win. We won this game because we was better. We made the stop on ARod when we had to. We made the FG to take the lead. Our special teams made the play to stop ARod from getting back on the field and our offense made the play to pick up the first down to run the clock out. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING was lucky about that.

Now was it a hard fought win? Yes. Can the Rams play better? Yes. But again there was nothing lucky about this game. In the NFL games typically come down to a few plays. The Rams made those plays after the Packers made their plays. The Rams just made the last two plays (which was the forced fumble and the Gurley first down run to seal the game) to help them win the game. Simple as that. 

There's no shame to have luck. 

But Montgomery should have take a knee and who knows what Rodgers would have done with the last possession. 

So yeah, we were lucky to have this win. 

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

There's no shame to have luck. 

But Montgomery should have take a knee and who knows what Rodgers would have done with the last possession. 

So yeah, we were lucky to have this win. 

He should’ve taken a knee but that doesn’t mean Rams are lucky. It wasn’t a lock he fumbles. It wasn’t a lock we recover the fumble. How many times we forced a fumble in the past but the other team recovers it back and the Rams were kicking themselves for not taking advantage of the opportunity? It wasn’t luck. I don’t get why when something great happens on special teams it’s “luck” but if something happens on offense or defense it’s “the player made a great play”. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

He should’ve taken a knee but that doesn’t mean Rams are lucky. It wasn’t a lock he fumbles. It wasn’t a lock we recover the fumble. How many times we forced a fumble in the past but the other team recovers it back and the Rams were kicking themselves for not taking advantage of the opportunity? It wasn’t luck. I don’t get why when something great happens on special teams it’s “luck” but if something happens on offense or defense it’s “the player made a great play”. 

Bro, it was lucky. But who knows what happens if Montgomery takes a knee. Maybe Rodgers wins it for them. Maybe Donald or Suh rips the ball away from Rodgers to seal a win for us.

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Bro, it was lucky. But who knows what happens if Montgomery takes a knee. Maybe Rodgers wins it for them. Maybe Donald or Suh rips the ball away from Rodgers to seal a win for us.

I just don’t see how it was lucky. Again sure he should’ve took a knee but I’m sensing the that people think by not taking a knee it was automatic that he would fumble. The Rams made a great play as he was returning it. I can’t speak for you or nobody else but I surely didn’t think he would fumble. I thought ARod will have just under 2 minutes to go with 1 timeout left and all he need is a FG. I think saying the Rams was lucky to me is taking away from what was a great special teams play by the Rams. We are so used to seeing bad things happen to us but now it’s the other way around. It’s not luck, it’s capitalizing on the opportunity that presented itself. The Pats do it all the time and nobody call them lucky. Heck the Bears was literally inches away from tying the game last week and nobody call the Pats lucky. They say the defender hit Trubisky as he was throwing which made the ball go short of the endzone instead of in the endzone. Had Montgomery not fumbled nobody would be talking about his decision regardless if ARod led the team down the field for the game-winning drive. But because it was a fumble the Rams got lucky? I just don’t see it. 

10 hours ago, Car_Ramrod said:

I was there. It was quite emabarassing to not hear noise when GB took the field.  Definitely a lot of packers fans there as well.  LA fanbases are usually pretty quiet regardless, it’s weird.

I was there too and it seemed 50/50 in terms of fans. I hated the packers getting the crown going after kickoffs when they would run to the corner 

Archived