NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I would say after Zion it is a crapshoot. What the heck are RJ, Cam, Ja, Culver gonna be? I have no idea and they all have huge flaws.

I wouldn't group RJ Barrett and Ja Morant with Cam Reddish and Jarrett Culver. Personally I'd go...

Tier 1

Zion Williamson

Tier 2

Ja Morant

RJ Barrett

Tier 3

Cam Reddish

Jarrett Culver

Crap shoot

On 3/10/2019 at 11:15 AM, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't group RJ Barrett and Ja Morant with Cam Reddish and Jarrett Culver. Personally I'd go...

Tier 1

Zion Williamson

Tier 2

Ja Morant

RJ Barrett

Tier 3

Cam Reddish

Jarrett Culver

Crap shoot

I think UVA's Deandre Hunter should be in Tier 3 ahead of "crap shoot".  He should go in the top 5 IMO.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I think UVA's Deandre Hunter should be in Tier 3 ahead of "crap shoot".  He should go in the top 5 IMO.  

He's a great defensive player, I just don't think he has as much offensive upside as other guys in this class. 

44 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Fify 

Williamson in Atlanta with Trae Young, Kevin Huerter, and John Collins would instantly transform them into the most exciting young team in the league. Williamson/Collins compliment each other well and they have a ton of shooting. 

In a perfect scenario, Atlanta could end up with Zion Williamson at #1 and DeAndre Hunter at #8. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He's a great defensive player, I just don't think he has as much offensive upside as other guys in this class. 

His 47.3%  3 point shooting isn't good enough?  Seriously though, he's a solid free throw shooter too which I think shows he has a pretty good shooting stroke which should translate.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

His 47.3%  3 point shooting isn't good enough?  Seriously though, he's a solid free throw shooter too which I think shows he has a pretty good shooting stroke which should translate.  

He looks like an excellent 3&D guy, not sure he'll ever be able to create much offense though. Reminds me a lot of Mikal Bridges from last year although Bridges made more plays defensively. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He looks like an excellent 3&D guy, not sure he'll ever be able to create much offense though. Reminds me a lot of Mikal Bridges from last year although Bridges made more plays defensively. 

Idk, remind me more of Otto Porter because of his size (more of a 3/4 tweener vs Bridges being more just a 3) .  Porter went 3rd but that was a pretty weak class.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Idk, remind me more of Otto Porter because of his size (more of a 3/4 tweener vs Bridges being more just a 3) .  Porter went 3rd but that was a pretty weak class.  

Bridges was 6'7" 210 with a 7'1" WS at the combine last year. Hunter is 6'7" 220 with a 7'2" WS so they're pretty similar in terms of physical profile. A lot of Hunter's offense comes in catch and shoot situations, I just haven't seen enough creativity in his offensive game to take him top 5. 

I have been impressed with Hunter's offensive game. He reminds me of a SF version of prime Wes Mathews. Where he is an elite shooter and can post up mismatches when teams try and hide guys away from stars. Also has a real good pull up midrange game. And is solid defensively, tho I don't think elite. He lacks a feel for the game, on both sides, which can make him a step slow to make plays (on O & D).

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Williamson in Atlanta with Trae Young, Kevin Huerter, and John Collins would instantly transform them into the most exciting young team in the league. Williamson/Collins compliment each other well and they have a ton of shooting. 

In a perfect scenario, Atlanta could end up with Zion Williamson at #1 and DeAndre Hunter at #8. 

What part of Devin Booker, Kelly Oubre, Mikal Bridges, Zion Williamson and Deandre Ayton wouldn’t be exciting?

Zion and Ayton would be a far better version of the Lob City Griffin/DAJ pairing, add in a star guard in Booker and two young 3&D wings.

Archived