Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (November 2018)

seminoles1

On 11/16/2018 at 9:49 PM, Tyty said:

I’m gonna John wick it. Turn my brain off and just go in for neat action scenes 

It's decently good for that, but if you are a fan of the books, or even the movies, it will be hard to ignore all of the terrible.

They have far too many connections between characters in this series and characters from the HP series and it is detrimental to your ability to follow along and enjoy the story imo.

It was the worst movie in the this universe.  It seemed like they knew the first act and last act and just shoved a bunch of crap in between with as many HP references and craaaaazy plot twists as possible. The alchemist dude was just an atrocious addition.  He was nothing but a deus ex machina.  Queenie's flip made no sense.  The timelines made no sense(I think Minerva is a family name and Grindelwald was lying to the Flash, otherwise it makes even less sense).  Another Dumbledore would make no sense.  This Nagini was just silly.  And they couldn't have beat the audience over the head with the Grindelwald/Hitler comparison more if they have given him a mustache.  

Lela Lestrange was a decent character.  Albus was done well...except that by now, Jack Sparrow had killed his brother, so you would think that he had lost at least some of his affection.  

Newt was the best part of the movie easily.  Shoehorning him into this plot line was a disservice to his character.  Especially because it forces him to go against everything he has been his entire life by joining the righteous fight.  His whole life he was solely focused on magical creatures, but now he has seen that those with great power have great responsibility.

Crap crap crap.  

Archived