Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (November 2018)

seminoles1

Wow this was a bad movie. And it wasn't even so much the directing but the writing. I think the director was trying to do his best to make her story telling comprehensible. Like are the Dumbledore's supposed to be what the Skywalker's are to Star Wars? Not that that name means a damn thing now but I'm just curious. How are they going to explain the twist? Like how was that even possible?

38 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Wow this was a bad movie. And it wasn't even so much the directing but the writing. I think the director was trying to do his best to make her story telling comprehensible. Like are the Dumbledore's supposed to be what the Skywalker's are to Star Wars? Not that that name means a damn thing now but I'm just curious. How are they going to explain the twist? Like how was that even possible?

I'm praying that Grindelwald is just wrong. It makes zero sense.

Saw this last night. The writing just disappoints me so much. It feels like they just desperately want to cram in references to wizard families from the first books, and are trying to shift back to the old dark magic purebloods want to kill/rule everybody plot. I feel like the best thing in these two movies have been the core title, the actual Fantastic Beasts, not the subtitle. The creatures are so well executed, Newt is actually an interesting and well-played character. I'd honestly be 100% down to actually watch a movie series about him finding/helping/releasing creatures, and instead they had to turn it into a prequel that causes more conflicts with the material than resolutions with it. I rolled my eyes when they revealed Grindelwald in the first movie, because it seemed so unnecessary and counter to the things that were great in the first movie, and I feel like my concerns were realized here. A bunch of people with mystery identities with lineage reveals that I just can't find a reason to care about.

Though I did actually like Jude Law as a young Dumbledore. I think that has potential.

This is going to end in HP Episode 8 The Magic Awakens. 

It's clear now that Rowling knows this is her bread and butter and Cursed Child was a test run. If she's willing to screw with it on the front end and also the back end, she's going to eventually write a follow up

20 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Though I did actually like Jude Law as a young Dumbledore. I think that has potential.

He was awesome.  Though I didn't think Depp was bad, I really wish Colin Farrell were actually playing Grindelwald.  He's a much better actor at this point.

I wonder if the diminishing returns for this will adjust the series from 5 movies to 3.  No matter what, I hope it survives until we get to see Grindelwald vs. Dumbledore.

Archived