WAY TOO EARLY 2019 Mock Off Season

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah I'm out on Defilippo.  Would be really disappointed if we hired him.

For the most part I love the mock.  Love the positions you addressed only change I would make is going after Funchess over Moncrief.

Ya I'm not 100% on who I exactly want at Edge or WR. Its hard to tell bc some of the guys wont hit FA. That's why for both those signings (Fowler and Moncrief) I used other options after them. My main point was those are what I think will be addressed. If we sign a guy like Bell... A guy like Golden Tate makes for sense for us. A YAC type guy. Problem is him alone wont come here. He's made money, he will want more rings. So we'd have to make a splash in FA (like getting Bell) in order to attract him here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 2:11 PM, Bobby816 said:

We fire Bowles right after the season ends but don't fire Macc (I wish we'd fire him too).

We Hire John DeFilippo as our HC: I think he has a soft spot for young QBs and will love the challenge of Darnold and our offense. With Cap Space and a young QB he accepts our job over some others. (Backup option is Zac Taylor another QB guy).

Haven't done enough research yet to see who I'd want as OC and DC.

Resignings

Mo Claiborne

Quincy Enunwa

Robby Anderson

Henry Anderson

Daryl Roberts

Brandon Copeland

(And some other cheap depth players)

Free Agency

Le'Veon Bell (RB): We finally get a difference maker on offense. He chases the money and we give him his money.

Quinton Spain (OG): We get our LG to sure up a 3rd spot on our OL. (backup options Billy Turner, DJ Fluker)

Dante Fowler Jr. (Edge): We get our Edge guy. I think he wants to not only start but also get paid. We offer both. (backup options Demarcus Lawrence, Anthony Barr, Shaquill Barrett, Shane Ray)

Donte Moncrief (WR): With no big WRs hitting the market really... Moncrief offers more upside than most the FA WRs. We move on from Kearse and others, so we need multiple WRs. Moncrief fills that nice #2/3 type WRs we resign in Enunwa and Anderson. (backup options Devin Funchess, Adam Humphries, Golden Tate, Josh Gordon).

Draft

1. Jonah Williams (LT/Alabama): This guys sures up our left side of the OL. We sign Spain (or a starting LG) and make both sides of the OL strengths for this offense. Making Bell have holes and giving Darnold time to throw.

2. (traded away)

3. Elgton Jenkins (C/Mississippi State): Best C in the draft IMO. Athletic guy that can run and pas block very well. With Bell at RB these OL will have to be athletic with a lot of pulling along the OL. Jenkins and Williams offer that.

3. (from NO) Debo Samuel (WR/South Carolina): Love this guys combo of skills. Reminds me of a Davante Adams type guy. Gives us 4 good receiving options for Darnold along with Bell and Herndon. Maybe we get our #1 WR in the coming drafts, but suring up the OL was a bigger priority.

4. Jabari Zuniga (Edge/Florida): Speed Edge rusher. Can rotate in with Fowler Jr (or whatever edge we get in FA). Allows Zuniga to get stronger, which is his only weakness really.

5. Nik Needham (CB/UTEP): very fluid athlete. Not a burner, but a very good cover guy. A lot like Nickerson who we just drafted. With Skrine gone we add a CB.

6. (traded away)

7. Rodrigo Blankenship (K/Georgia): We need a kicker and why not just draft one to make sure we get a good one. Rodrigo is accurate and has a good leg. We cant keep having a revolving door at K.

Would rather have Funchess then Montcrief but like everything else.  Have to look at draft more but certainly like number 1 pick a lot.

Archived