Good, the bad, the Ugly.... W

Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Then why can players audible? I think the Raiders are a bad team, they should have lost a dozen times. If Rosen throws one less INT the Cardinals beat the Raiders. 

Or not commit all those ridiculous penalties they would have won easily 

It was nice to get a win, but I think this win spoke more about the Cardinals being bad, than the Raiders playing any better than previous weeks. Carr looked about the same, and he really should have given the game away on a dropped pick on the penultimate drive. Richard has been this team's lone consistent bright spot and he did his thing again on offense. I thought Osemele, Hudson, and Jackson did nice work against the run and pass. Cook wasn't great as a receiver outside of his long touchdown. He had a bad sideline drop in a big spot.

Defensively, I thought the team really benefitted from playing a rookie QB. Linebackers looked slow to react, especially Whitehead. Morrow flashed here and there. Joseph seemed really motivated to perform in this game. I thought he had a good game despite being a bit overly aggressive and getting pinned inside in at least one running play.

I think we're overrating Hurst. Yes, he's been the pretty good as an interior pass rusher here and there, but he gets consistently pushed back in the run game, especially against double teams. In this game, I thought Hall looked better, overall. Key looked okay but I wouldn't say I've seen enough to change how I feel about him. He's going to be a rotational rusher or the Raiders going forward.

I do like the idea of Hurst potentially playing base end next season, especially if the Raiders land Williams instead of Bosa. Hurst is best when he's one on one, and he has the closing burst to get to the QB from a shortened edge.

Archived