refs worst game for us in recent time?

3rivers

I don' like to make excuses because you can usually find several times throughout a game that if you made the plays, you would still win. 

I am not dismissing the momentum shifts and changes that several poor calls helped to impact.

As a fan or even if I were a coach I would point out the miscues that the team could control. Here's a few:

1. Big Ben's horrible pass to a wide open Justin Hunter.  Oh wait, that was James Washington's fault for not diving. O.o

2. Big Ben's lob pass that was intercepted in the red zone and changed momentum and again left points on the field and off of the score board. We gun-sling-ed points off the board.

3. Sean Davis' untimely time to break up a pass.  You are supposed to hit the guy with the other color  jersey. 9_9 That gets deflected and instead of a sure fire turnover results in a TD for them.

4. Whatever happened to establishing the run?  Connor and company can carry the ball on the ground a lot more than he has the past three games which have resulted in a 1-2 record.  Shades of 2005 when the Steelers ended up 7 - 5 and then had to run the table to earn a wild card spot.  It ended well, but we are a much better offense than we were then.

5. For the love of baby Jesus! Can we run a special teams play without getting a holding penalty? It seems that we had one every punt return or KO return. >:(

6. What happened to the killer instinct and time possessing drives in the second half?

7. You probably want to switch Mike Hilton or another DB to try to cover Keenen Allen.  Hey is killing us! :o

8. Adjustments! They made them and we didn't seem to or if we did, they didn't work.

That is almost as many things as we could have changed or impacted as they made bad calls!

th?id=OIP.AOaxPcc5szEfmtOrm8BvKAHaEK&pid

22 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Or, you know just a leave a DB on him. Hilton is better suited than Bostic and Fort. 

while Hilton is better than a LB , I would say B.Allen would match up better, at least let him have a chance. Want to stay on the roster, defend 13. LB on 13 was a FAIL.

Archived