Update: Justin Fields transferring to Ohio State

naptownskinsfan

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m not even the biggest Martell fan. I think his game can work at the college level but his throwing mechanics are all kinds of jacked up. Point is, if Martell doesn’t get approved immediate eligibility for basically transferring for the same reason Fields did, the NCAA continues to show its bias and how much it dislikes certain programs.

you really gonna act like the NCAA favors tOSU? This is prolly the first time the NCAA has done something that truly benefits tOSU.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

This is one of the saddest arguments I've ever heard. "The racism stuff is just BS because all those kids have to deal with racism on the regular." Well, sounds like he has a good reason to want out. I don't care if there are other factors that motivated the transfer. The very fact that he even needs a reason to leave after all the lying Kirby Smart did to that kid only exposes how bullcrap this entire system. Kid should have been able to leave without having to justify it. But if you're going to demand justifications, documented racism is more than sufficient. 

Let's be honest, there is zero chance the NCAA is going to wade into that mess. The last thing the NCAA wants to do is tell a kid that the racism he dealt with wasn't serious enough. That's a PR nuclear bomb waiting to go off. It was clear that Fields was going to get a waiver, and I think it's stupid he even needs a waiver.

Exactly best post yet. There’s no reason for the NCAA to want a war with a racist situation where the player actually got kicked off the team. If your the NCAA no Kirby smart lie included they had enough to grant Fields the waiver. 

And that opinion that because other kids deal with it is a dumb reasoning. 

And even if his sister goes there totally different situation she’s not the star QB thats talked about on ESPN every other day. Kid should play somewhere he feels comfortable. 

Fromm is a really good QB who had a leadership position and earned his job. If JT Barrett could start over Haskins no surprise Fromm who is a first round QB in his own right would start over Fields. 

15 hours ago, buno67 said:

you really gonna act like the NCAA favors tOSU? This is prolly the first time the NCAA has done something that truly benefits tOSU.

Facts, I wouldn't be surprised if the line of thinking by the NCAA was Fields to tOSU increases the chance to Semifinals which means large fanbase which ultimately means more revenue. If I weren't a fan of tOSU, I would be livid if this were true 

On 2/9/2019 at 7:15 PM, jrry32 said:

This is one of the saddest arguments I've ever heard. "The racism stuff is just BS because all those kids have to deal with racism on the regular." Well, sounds like he has a good reason to want out. I don't care if there are other factors that motivated the transfer. The very fact that he even needs a reason to leave after all the lying Kirby Smart did to that kid only exposes how bullcrap this entire system. Kid should have been able to leave without having to justify it. But if you're going to demand justifications, documented racism is more than sufficient. 

Let's be honest, there is zero chance the NCAA is going to wade into that mess. The last thing the NCAA wants to do is tell a kid that the racism he dealt with wasn't serious enough. That's a PR nuclear bomb waiting to go off. It was clear that Fields was going to get a waiver, and I think it's stupid he even needs a waiver.

Agreed on all accounts, great post.  

Archived