Serious thread: Freddie for HC

mistakey

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it’s kinda nuts, it Kitchens was some hot shot young(ish) coordinator for another team I feel like folks would be all about him.

I also wonder how much the fat, “country bumpkin” vibe doesn’t mesh with what people want.  I dunno, just a thought...

i think it def turns people off

on the other hand this son of a floor installer/country music fan doesnt mind it that much

Just now, mistakey said:

i think it def turns people off

on the other hand this son of a floor installer/country music fan doesnt mind it that much

You're a country music guy?

Honestly would have never guess.

What is country to you btw because I haven't heard country aside from a few under the radar artist in years. The "country" that has been main stream the last 15 years is hot garbage.

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

What is country to you btw because I haven't heard country aside from a few under the radar artist in years. The "country" that has been main stream the last 15 years is hot garbage.

I’d imagine he means good country.

Outlaw country.

Willie, Waylon, Cash, Merle, Johnny Rodriguez, etc.

18 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

outlaw and bluegrass stuff
whitey morgan
tyler childers
chris stapleton
townes van zandt
hank jr/hank iii
sturgill simpson
charley crockett (describes himself as gulf coast boogie woogie)
cody jinks (he's pretty good)
margo price

lukas nelson and shooter jennings are OK i know a bunch of people like those legacy artists but they arent my super fav

i dont realyl like isbell but i know a bunch of people do

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

outlaw and bluegrass stuff
whitey morgan
tyler childers
chris stapleton
townes van zandt
hank jr/hank iii
sturgill simpson
charley crockett (describes himself as gulf coast boogie woogie)
cody jinks (he's pretty good)
margo price

lukas nelson and shooter jennings are OK i know a bunch of people like those legacy artists but they arent my super fav

i dont realyl like isbell but i know a bunch of people do

Never took you for a country guy(or many on here really) thought you were all city folks.

Do you like Ray Scott? He's a little older than your list but he's been one of my favorites since high school.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Never took you for a country guy(or many on here really) thought you were all city folks.

Do you like Ray Scott? He's a little older than your list but he's been one of my favorites since high school.

bruh i am a city boy!  just got an appreciation for the twang and spent some time in the desert

goin out to west texas for a wedding and need to get me a nice hat and maybe some boots

nope never listened to ray scott - where should i start?

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

bruh i am a city boy!  just got an appreciation for the twang and spent some time in the desert

goin out to west texas for a wedding and need to get me a nice hat and maybe some boots

nope never listened to ray scott - where should i start?

Honestly I can't decide where to tell someone to start. I like it all. His 1st album will always been my favorite. One of the things I like most about him is his sarcasm so I guess I'd suggest Ashtray On A Motorcycle or Gone Either Way.  Plowboy, Dirty Shirt and My Kind of Music were from his first album and always some of my favorites.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So what does a coordinator need to do for you to “want them”?

Is it a matter of yelling a lot? Strong jaw?  What’s the criteria?

Intensity is one trait that intrigues me, yes. I am open-minded enough to admit that it's not required to be successful.

To be honest, the massive workload that would be dropped on Freddie is a concern in the back of my mind, considering his heart valve issue in the past. I want him to continue to be that laid back personality that he is...call it paranoia or whatever you want but the HC stress that weighs on guys could especially play true with Freddie, at least in my mind. You could even make the case that Hue Jackson suffered from the same fate. He had a super laid back personality, his players spoke highly of him from Cincy even through all this. Granted, the circumstances are obviously on the polar end of the spectrum. There's possibility of him burning out like Hue because the HC responsibilities got in the way of what he always claimed he wanted to do. 

(I hope I don't spark some outrageous debate. I am in NO WAY comparing Freddie Kitchens to Hue Jackson.)

3 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Paul-Walker_Varsity-Blues_1999-900x612.j

Offensive genius who clearly has the pulse of his players and relates to them exceptionally well. Great leader who elevates his team.

My second favorite football movie of all time behind The Last Boy Scout. Two incredibly inspirational stories right there.

3 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Lance Harbor can never die. I watch him overcome a career ending injury and find true happiness and his true calling as a football coach every night. He is still alive and well.

Paul Walker is dead, yes, that is true. He was just an actor thought and actors would never make a good football coach.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is the type of stuff I care about much more than how long he called plays off a play sheet.

Freddie seems to be very well liked by all of the offensive guys, has built a great relationship with our franchise cornerstone and seemingly has a personality type that imo wears well over time.  He seemingly lacks a huge ego and is relatable.

As far as the experience, he’s been around the game for 30 years.  He’s been coaching almost 20.

Surgeons are operating on brains in less time.

I want Freddie to continue doing what he's done best, coordinating the offense. Are you trying to take him away from that because you don't think there are better options out there? Or because you genuinely believe he could be our Belichick (In other words, a dynasty-caliber head coach)?

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d imagine he means good country.

Outlaw country.

Willie, Waylon, Cash, Merle, Johnny Rodriguez, etc.

I'm a fan of the country with the hard rock feel and minor-key melodies, idk if ya'll are so much into that. Like Whistlin Dixie by Randy Houser or She's Country by Jason Aldean...Am I the kinda country fan that you guys giggle at?

I'm also a huge southern rock fan...maybe not a ton of outlaw country outside of Willie (Saw him live w/ Bob Dylan) and Johnny Cash, but I love the Outlaws lol

#GreenGrassAndHighTidesForever

10 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Intensity is one trait that intrigues me, yes. 

To be honest, the massive workload that would be dropped on Freddie is a concern in the back of my mind, considering his heart valve issue in the past. I want him to continue to be that laid back personality that he is...call it paranoia or whatever you want but the HC stress that weighs on guys could especially play true with Freddie, at least in my mind.

So this is mostly speculative nonsense about his health that we know nothing about.  Do any of other dudes have hypertension?  Family hx of heart disease?  C’mon...

You could even make the case that Hue Jackson suffered from the same fate. He had a super laid back personality, his players spoke highly of him from Cincy even through all this. Granted, the circumstances are obviously on the polar end of the spectrum. There's possibility of him burning out like Hue because the HC responsibilities got in the way of what he always claimed he wanted to do. 

Now every non-yeller is potentially Hue?  Is every in your face dude (insert ineffective intense coach)?

I want Freddie to continue doing what he's done best, coordinating the offense. Are you trying to take him away from that because you don't think there are better options out there? Or because you genuinely believe he could be our Belichick (In other words, a dynasty-caliber head coach)?

I think he’s show an ability to do every other job a coach can do well, this is the next logical step.

Ive already detailed my reasons for his personality, so I won’t repeat that.

As far as what he could be?  Who knows?  I like his odds as much as the next guy’s.

7 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm a fan of the country with the hard rock feel and minor-key melodies, idk if ya'll are so much into that. Like Whistlin Dixie by Randy Houser or She's Country by Jason Aldean...Am I the kinda country fan that you guys giggle at?

No, you’re the kind of guy I belly laugh at ;) 

7 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm also a huge southern rock fan...maybe not a ton of outlaw country outside of Willie (Saw him live w/ Bob Dylan) and Johnny Cash, but I love the Outlaws lol

That’s better.  We can be friends again.

6 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Those are not the worst of the evil that has become "country" music but, yeah, not a fan.

The only Randy Houser song I've heard that I really liked was Somewhere South of Memphis

Archived