Week 16: Jaguars @ Dolphins: Who Cares at This Point...

.Buzz

5 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

🤔 Go to a 34 with what linebackers? I mean I’ve heard of GBs DC who has been talked about who runs a hybrid 43 with 34 concepts but this team doesn’t have the personnel Myles Jack can pretty much play in any defense.. Telvin not to sure and beyond those 2 linebackers the Jags are laughable.

Yannick (Just got a sack) and Jacobs would be the OLB with Myles and Smith in the inside. That is what I'd imagine. 

5 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

🤔 Go to a 34 with what linebackers? I mean I’ve heard of GBs DC who has been talked about who runs a hybrid 43 with 34 concepts but this team doesn’t have the personnel Myles Jack can pretty much play in any defense.. Telvin not to sure and beyond those 2 linebackers the Jags are laughable.

I'm not saying it'll happen or we have everything clearly set up for it, just saying for Calais he definitely plays a large role/the big end position plays a big role in our struggles with QBs who can run.

1 minute ago, Jags said:

Yannick (Just got a sack) and Jacobs would be the OLB with Myles and Smith in the inside. That is what I'd imagine. 

I'd also assume this would be the case. We also have an offseason/draft coming up.

I love Telvin and we'll see how he responds next year but he hasn't been good this year at all. Looks lost out there.

Just now, Jags said:

Hard pass.

Our issue with running QBs is playing the entire secondary 10 yards off in deep thirds anyway. Plus that's something you should gameplan for given matchups rather than adjust an entire defense for especially when you don't have pieces for a new base.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Hard pass.

Our issue with running QBs is playing the entire secondary 10 yards off in deep thirds anyway. Plus that's something you should gameplan for given matchups rather than adjust an entire defense for especially when you don't have pieces for a new base.

I mean, if Wash is fired and Pettine (who has ties to Doug and Tom) is brought in that's his scheme, no?

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

No. Pettine's defense is based on personnel and gameplan. He's been predominantly 3-4 in the past, but he's ran a lot of 4-3 and hybrid stuff.

Gotcha, thanks for that. Wasn't 💯

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'd also assume this would be the case. We also have an offseason/draft coming up.

I love Telvin and we'll see how he responds next year but he hasn't been good this year at all. Looks lost out there.

Telvin should be asked to restructure as well. As a huge Noles and Jags fan I’m ready for this season to be over already I’ve been ready since week 6 of the NFL season.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Hard pass.

Yeah.  I think there are far easier and more sensible "solutions" to our small problem with mobile QBs than completely changing to a 3-4 or something.  I still don't think Calais is that big of a liability in that one particular aspect as a "big end" that he really even needs to be in a different scheme anyway.  The benefits of him getting early down work as a 4-3DE still pretty easily outweight that one liability imo.  It'd be asinine to make that kind of scheme switch based around a guy of Calais' age anyway, even if he was some sort of liability in a 4-3 DE/DT role.  Especially considering the rest of our personnel probably aren't that ideally suited to it anyway.

An alternative like getting a Fowler replacement who can play well as a lighter/faster DE (and actually keep some semblance of contain ideally) would let us kick Calais inside more often, which would probably go a long ways to mitigating that issue.

Tbh, if our MLB was a better MLB, that would probably help too actually.

Archived