Could there be Canadian NFL teams if...

Hail Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Our dollar is in the toilet. We'll see what the next crash does, but the loonie has to be near the USD, 85 cents is probably the floor.

Montreal and Toronto would probably be able to support a team if no CFL. The Montreal CFL team has fairweather fans but the colleges have good fanbases, although that could be because it's cheap to watch. You'd need what the Raptors and Jays have, a national support base. I don't think you'd get that here as South Western Ontario is still going to be Lions/Packers land and the Bills fans won't all board the Toronto train. Quebec is heavy on the Pats because they're winners, expansion struggles wouldn't work out well.

But the CFL is unlikely to fold anytime soon.

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 5:41 PM, cddolphin said:

Free agents:

"Their tax rate is how much now..? Maybe a team in Florida will want me..."

This. If im signing with a canadian teams its for all the money since Big Brother will take half of it.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:11 PM, cddolphin said:

Free agents:

"Their tax rate is how much now..? Maybe a team in Florida will want me..."

Yeah, not to mention the dollar is **** rn and can be up and down like a Dog's stomach. 

Makes sense. 

It can be hard enough signing players to play for the Raptors. 

Hope Leonard stays. 

On 1/6/2019 at 11:09 PM, x0x said:

Our dollar is in the toilet. We'll see what the next crash does, but the loonie has to be near the USD, 85 cents is probably the floor.

Montreal and Toronto would probably be able to support a team if no CFL. The Montreal CFL team has fairweather fans but the colleges have good fanbases, although that could be because it's cheap to watch. You'd need what the Raptors and Jays have, a national support base. I don't think you'd get that here as South Western Ontario is still going to be Lions/Packers land and the Bills fans won't all board the Toronto train. Quebec is heavy on the Pats because they're winners, expansion struggles wouldn't work out well.

But the CFL is unlikely to fold anytime soon.

Yeah, the dollar is **** at the moment.

I did some research into this topic, many of the arguments echoed what you said about needing national support for a team and how unlikely that would be, given there's already fandoms entrenched across the country.

Archived