DL Talk

cannondale

Brice doesn't belong in any discussion about solutions to defensive problems.   Brice is part of the problem, and his playing is what must be solved/changed. 

He flies around missing tackles, injuring teammates, and misjudging deep passes to the point that he should not be on the field.   The fact we put him on the field shows the extreme need for other safeties.  His lack of ability to play the ball on deep passes is counter to what a safety must be relied on to do.

Just now, hitnhope said:

Brice doesn't belong in any discussion about solutions to defensive problems.  

Yep, Brice is trash.  Sam Shields and Tramon Williams gave us way too much faith in turning undrafted players into gems.  I think Tony Brown probably has a spot as a 5th corner, but otherwise we have to stop this crap trend of relying on undrafted players. 

44 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Brice doesn't belong in any discussion about solutions to defensive problems.   Brice is part of the problem, and his playing is what must be solved/changed. 

He flies around missing tackles, injuring teammates, and misjudging deep passes to the point that he should not be on the field.   The fact we put him on the field shows the extreme need for other safeties.  His lack of ability to play the ball on deep passes is counter to what a safety must be relied on to do.

He was god awful man. Even though Jones wasnt that good, I still think he should have been put in there a lot earlier than he was.

I like the DL group.

That being said...Daniels is aging.  Debatable whether this is the right defensive system for him.

Clark is a stud.  God it hurt to type that, but I'm happy I am.  You can build around him.

Lowry is a great rotational guy.

Lancaster is a great run stuffer.  

Adams flashed, but is still a work in progress.

Wilk?  I don't know what he had in the tank going into the year.  Still don't know.  I'd take him back on another "prove it" deal, though.

All that said...I think that the end of round one will leave a surprising DL on the board for GB to pick.  And it would be a wise pick.

The key to it all...next year...is how many run snaps can Lancaster eat to keep Daniels/Clark fresh.  Also...can Adams eat some of those snaps.  Keeping Clark and Daniels fresh for passing downs is a big deal.  If you take a rookie that can eat snaps?  Everyone gets better.

Archived