BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

+ Devin White

(to be fair I don't think neither White nor Allen will truly bust, I just don't think they're special)

I agree with that but when it comes to White the issue is that from White it is a long drop off to the next best inside linebacker

Next three pick graded;

———————————

1.8 - Anchorage - Dwayne Haskins, QB - D - Anchorage used one of their many DTs as currency to move up following the pick at 1.6, the value of the trade seems ok but I don’t like the pick I’m afraid. Haskins had a tremendous season at Ohio State but I worry about his lack of athleticism in a game that feels like it is quickly moving towards a focus speed and the ability to get out of the pocket. The Ohio State system was also very kind to Haskins with elite players at every position and a quirky offence designed on getting their better athletes the ball in their hands. I think he deserves to go early in the draft but the RL 2nd round is more appropriate. Anchorage, however, now has their QBOTF and will want to look to get some weapons around him to help him succeed.

1.9 - Camden - Montez Sweat, DE - B+ - Camden add to a position where they already spend more than anywhere else on the roster so you have to imagine there are future moves to be made at DE on this roster. Sweat is raw but has great tools and great effort. Value-wise I can’t knock taking Sweat, my only concern is how he fits into the current roster given Camden is out of 3 Downs and has Chandler Jones and Solomon Thomas locked down for big contracts long term.

1.10 - Ivory Coast - Devin White, LB - A - Ivory Coast makes a great move picking up the best 4-3 LB in the draft to replace Kwon Alexander who they may lose to FA. White contributes in all facets of the game on defence and will be a great asset for Ivory Coast. Further focus may be needed at LB but Ivory Coast will likely look to lean more towards the offensive side of the ball going forwards to give Luck a better selection of weapons on a team that is fast getting towards competing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

Solomon Thomas locked down for big contracts long term.

Solomon needs to be moved inside full time or he's worthless. That's why SF taking another edge is crucial.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think I should just trade Haskins for a 7th at this point. I’m going to laugh at myself when he slips to the IRL 2nd.

Just read a article to where they are saying he may be the 4th QB taken in the draft this year. O.o

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think I should just trade Haskins for a 7th at this point. I’m going to laugh at myself when he slips to the IRL 2nd.

I'll give you a 6th.

Also if someone wants to move up to 13 gimme some advance notice and a decent offer.

• Like 1

Just now, BringinDaPain said:

Just read a article to where they are saying he may be the 4th QB taken in the draft this year. O.o

Yeah read that too. I said I was going to make some reaches. If I thoroughly scout a guy and I believe in him I’m going to go get him. But hey I could easily be wrong and everyone else right. 

Just now, Counselor said:

Yeah read that too. I said I was going to make some reaches. If I thoroughly scout a guy and I believe in him I’m going to go get him. But hey I could easily be wrong and everyone else right. 

I don't believe he will fall that far, plus look who wrote the article too.

• Like 1