BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Seriously though polite isn't necessarily the worst pick in the draft and frankly might have gone at least close to where he will in real life though I do think that he's most likely to be later in the second round potentially but I mean yes he really did have a hamstring injury before his 40 time it shows a lack of intelligence for a guy that apparently needed to have a good combine to run a 40 time on an injury and pretty much sacrifice your entire combine performance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

The most important time is his 10 yard split. The 40 is just for analyzing him to future prospects.

I think that's completely true. I think polite would have been better served having waited and let himself heal if in fact he was injured and just perform in Pro days. Plenty of players have chosen that path and gone on to be very high pics

And furthermore it's not like he tore his ACL right. If you tell teams look I can't perform in the combine because I have a hamstring injury that's not a serious red flag. But running on a bad hamstring he could easily have taken a misstep and torn an ACL and then he'd be looking at going undrafted. to me it's not worth the risk but to each their own

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

He had a terrible combine performance. Won’t be the first or last. If a team drafts him, they’ll explain how he was upfront about it and admitted he did a poor job.

I mean he's going to get drafted I just think that 40 time might drop him a little. And for the teams that view him as a defensive end I couldn't disagree more

Just now, Counselor said:

Can y’all stop picking guys off my big board. I pick in 19 picks and don’t really want the guy at that spot or anyone after for that matter. So... stop. 

PM me who you want and I won't take them.