Philip Rivers legacy

naptownskinsfan

Philip Rivers has had an under the radar career with the Chargers- he's been consistent, a leader, has some great statistical seasons and has spent his entire career with the Chargers, yet to many, he is the guy who got traded for Eli Manning when he decided he wouldn't play for the Chargers.  In your mind, what is Rivers' legacy for the Chargers franchise as it stands today?  

Best QB the Chargers have ever had imo. Whether he takes to Championship or not he has been the constant and stead factor in so many tumultuous seasons since he became a starter in 2006.  I think he will end up being a Hall of Fame QB along with Eli and Big Ben when its all said and done. That 2004 QB Class is only rivaled by the 1983 one

17 hours ago, Classic said:

Best QB the Chargers have ever had imo. Whether he takes to Championship or not he has been the constant and stead factor in so many tumultuous seasons since he became a starter in 2006.  I think he will end up being a Hall of Fame QB along with Eli and Big Ben when its all said and done. That 2004 QB Class is only rivaled by the 1983 one

All of this. 2004 was probably my peak year as a football fan. Eli ended up being right about the franchise.  I wanted Ben badly. Looking back I can’t imagine any other QB being as well liked as Rivers though. The extra picks we got from the Eli trade should have netted us a championship but we had the Lord of No Rings fighting with our head coach, subsequently hiring Raider reject Norv Turner. For future reference never hire a head coach that has been fired from the Raiders. We also lost our pass rusher because he was more focused on branding himself and chasing Tilapia Tequila then rehabbing his injury. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't trade him for anyone. It's sad that he got stuck with this franchise - I think he has a ring if he had gone to almost any other team. Still think he can give us another 3 years. That has him retiring at the age Drew Brees is right now and by then he will be 5th all time in passing yards and touchdowns and have the 2nd longest consecutive start streak after Favre.

HOFer without a question, but he needs a ring to silence any remaining haters.

Archived