OT: Mahomes may ink 200M contract in 2020, how much might Trubs earn in 2021?

malagabears

41 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

RunningVaccs beat me to the same point I was going to make. But just to expand on it a bit more.

His draft position has alot to do with it. Being a top pick in the draft is always going to generate both hate and love. This is especially true for QB's. That's just the nature of the business. This point is magnified ten fold by the fact that A) not many people watch the Bears because we have sucked for so long. B) Many people were already down on Mitch going into the draft and C) then we traded up to get a player that many people didn't like. And let's face it, not many like to admit they were wrong, so it is naturally going to take alot more from Mitch than others for them to change their minds. Not saying it's right, but it happens.

hell, Goff still gets this same treatment.

Now you know damn well that had Parkey made that FG and the Bears win that game, people would be saying that Mitch was not the reason they won. But since they lost, they lost because of Mitch (even though we know that is not the case). That's just how it goes. The only thing that is going to change the minds of some is if Mitch and the offense go off on a prime time game.

I'm not saying that's what the idiot's who have been moving the goalposts would say, I'm saying it's what would be the truth.  

Another point of view on why Trubisky seems to get finer scrutiny: voodoo curse of some sort.

Just watched the Pro Bowl American Gladiators Passing portion and he got screwed even there!  He hit a #4 target twice in order to get the points, then hit the highest value #5 target twice without points, then the target _dodged_ out of the way somehow. I'm not kidding; if you add up his targets he hits 25pts total, but gets 11pts scored.  

So,  to simplify the narrative on why Trubisky doesn't get the credit he deserves, going forward, I'm saying that he somehow dug up a native burial ground in Ohio and has really really pissed off some spirit or something.  

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

He got the points for hitting the #4 target and then threw it again through it. The #5 he kept hitting the metal support. He didn’t get screwed. 

One hit the frame, but the 2nd throw at the 5 he hit the target and and it bent backwards instead of breaking.  It was weird.  The target suddenly dropping out of nowhere was really strange too.  He asked after the first hit on the 4 if it counted and was told no, which is why he threw it a 2nd time.  Still did much better than Luck.  

Archived