Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

Your whole point was that it was a shared responsibility and mostly the OL.

I said it was mostly QB. You and NYFTB laughed. 

Now you are in this thread months later telling me that it's mostly QB.

Just keeping reading everything I write Matts.

A few months from now you'll think you came up with it all by yourself.

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Your whole point was that it was a shared responsibility and mostly the OL.

And that is 100% true

I said it was mostly QB. You and NYFTB laughed. 

You said "almost entirely" - dont lie. And I still laugh at that thought. Its an insane thought.

Now you are in this thread months later telling me that it's mostly QB.

As an *individual* player. But as a whole its >QB.

Just keeping reading everything I write Matts.

A few months from now you'll think you came up with it all by yourself.

I wish you would take time to read the entire point instead of creating your own narrative. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I wish you would take time to read the entire point instead of creating your own narrative. 

Now you're talking from both sides of your mouth. When you decide how to feel, you just let me know and we can debate. 

Edited by DaBoys

I said then, and I'll say it again. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_perc_career.htm

QBs repeat themselves on sack % lists more than OL do. If so facto, QBs are more responsible for the amount of sacks they take than OL.

Unless Peyton Manning had the best OL of all time, and then went to the Broncos and had the best OL of all time again.

That would be insane.

Edited by DaBoys

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Now you're talking from both sides of your mouth. When you decide how to feel, you just let me know and we can debate. 

No I am not. You are missing the point.

You said "Dak was our worst OL". I said the "QB is almost always most responsible *INDIVIDUAL* for sacks"

You said "I already said QBs are almost entirely responsible for pressure" I said "The OL *cumulatively* shares as much or more responsibility"  

QB will almost always be the "worst individual OL"

The OL will always be the worst "OL" though. The blame is shared across 5 people. 

Here ya go btw:

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No I am not. You are missing the point.

You said "Dak was our worst OL". I said the "QB is almost always most responsible *INDIVIDUAL* for sacks"

You said "I already said QBs are almost entirely responsible for pressure" I said "The OL *cumulatively* shares as much or more responsibility"  

QB will almost always be the "worst individual OL"

The OL will always be the worst "OL" though. The blame is shared across 5 people. 

Here ya go btw:

Shared across the board but mostly QB.

We are going to have to agree to agree here.

Based on that information, Dak should reasonably be responsible for a sack on 1.25% of snaps. So he roughly needs to reduce his sacks from 15 to ~8 range. 

Also based on that, our OL should reasonably be responsible for a sack on 4.5%  of snaps. So they need to reduce it from 43 sacks to ~30 sacks. 

That would put Dak as a top tier young/mobile QB and our OL at #10 in pass blocking. It would reduce our total sacks by 20.

Side note: Dak was responsible for 27 total QB pressures (which is decent). Collins was responsible 46 total QB pressures. So you might want to rethink your stance on "our worst OL".  

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Wentz just got signed for $32m/yr @ 107M GTD. 

We are really stupid for not getting Dak locked up before Wentz. 

Correction, with incentives its $144 for 4 or $36m/year.

Highest paid QB in the NFL I think

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

.... Did you watch the Romo ESPN special?

He talks about how Sean Payton and Bill Parcells molded him from "someone who could not throw a NFL football" (direct paraphrase) into what he was. 

Bill Parcells hated him and everyone including Romo knew that. He wanted his golden boy out there which lead our starting QB to holding kicks which was the dumbest decision ever.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Bill Parcells hated him and everyone including Romo knew that. He wanted his golden boy out there which lead our starting QB to holding kicks which was the dumbest decision ever.

Thats simply not true. Watch the special. Romo talks about his relationship with Parcells.

Jerry talks about how Bill tried to intimidate Romo during negotiations, when Romo stood up to them, Bill told Jerry "We have our QB of the future".  

The general narrative around Dak, in the most simple description, is that he is a “bus driver that is clutch.” Dak doesn’t necessarily wow you with his arm talent or mobility, but he throws, he runs, he scores, he wins, and along the way he’ll throw in some pizzazz with an impressive play.

With every quarterback comes concerns. Dak’s footwork can be a mess, his pocket presence needs some work, his mechanics require more momentum from his body than his arms this in turn ruining his release at times. He has more errant throws than some other quarterbacks.

However, the biggest concern for Dak is that he can’t play well without talent around him. Compared to other concerns or flaws, this one is the most important, because it’s true and it’s not fixable like footwork or mechanics.

When teams would shut down the running game, Dak would be forced to throw the ball. Teams wanted to see Dak beat them. When the Dallas running game was held to fewer than 100 yards this season, the Cowboys were 3-5. Those 3 wins coming against the woeful New York Giants, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and New Orleans Saints.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The general narrative around Dak, in the most simple description, is that he is a “bus driver that is clutch.” Dak doesn’t necessarily wow you with his arm talent or mobility, but he throws, he runs, he scores, he wins, and along the way he’ll throw in some pizzazz with an impressive play.

With every quarterback comes concerns. Dak’s footwork can be a mess, his pocket presence needs some work, his mechanics require more momentum from his body than his arms this in turn ruining his release at times. He has more errant throws than some other quarterbacks.

However, the biggest concern for Dak is that he can’t play well without talent around him. Compared to other concerns or flaws, this one is the most important, because it’s true and it’s not fixable like footwork or mechanics.

When teams would shut down the running game, Dak would be forced to throw the ball. Teams wanted to see Dak beat them. When the Dallas running game was held to fewer than 100 yards this season, the Cowboys were 3-5. Those 3 wins coming against the woeful New York Giants, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and New Orleans Saints.

You are really reaching now. WTF is this:

by Adithya Prabakaran3 months ago

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are really reaching now. WTF is this:

by Adithya Prabakaran3 months ago

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This was interesting and exactly what I have been saying all along:

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1090794435615617024/photo/1

So you bash the article without addressing it's points, then post a link to a tweet that was in the article!?