Mafia Mafia - Town Wins

Dome

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Man you forum mafia players are weird, I explained it like 50 times. lol

You mean your approach about reducing the game down to a pure mathematical inquiry in a vacuum with no consideration to external factors.  Yeah, real compelling stuff.

Just now, SwAg said:

You mean your approach about reducing the game down to a pure mathematical inquiry in a vacuum with no consideration to external factors.  Yeah, real compelling stuff.

I mean I have over 3000 games played on Java mafia and won two competitions and optimizing lynching is a big part of it. Obviously reads and scumhunting are also important but there's no reason to not give the town a mathematical edge as well. That is, unless you're mafia

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean I have over 3000 games played on Java mafia and won two competitions and optimizing lynching is a big part of it. Obviously reads and scumhunting are also important but there's no reason to not give the town a mathematical edge as well. That is, unless you're mafia

You're not a new player, then.

An appeal to (meaningless) credentials does nothing for me.  I'm hardly impressed.  You're not even attempting to scum hunt, yet recognize its "obvious" importance.  You're reducing it down to a mathematical inquiry, thus cutting off any semblance of scum hunting on days in which there is an even number of players alive for the sake of a negligible percentage gain in a vacuum.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

You're not a new player, then.

An appeal to (meaningless) credentials does nothing for me.  I'm hardly impressed.  You're not even attempting to scum hunt, yet recognize its "obvious" importance.  You're reducing it down to a mathematical inquiry, thus cutting off any semblance of scum hunting on days in which there is an even number of players alive for the sake of a negligible percentage gain in a vacuum.

They aren't negligible at all. Why would you take these odds:

2/10, 2/8, 2/6, 1/4

When you could have these odds instead?:

2/9, 2/7, 2/5, 1/3

(Yes I know the first mafia could be lynched on any of the four days)

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Lynching on even number of players is inherently anti-town in most setups; this appears to be one of them.

To clarify though - are roles revealed on death in this setup? And are mafia forced to kill at night  (or can they choose to no kill)?

You would advocate a No Lynch when there is an even number of players.  

Homeboy has 3k games and does not know what a silence is!

Archived