Mafia Mafia - Town Wins

Dome

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

As opposed to what?

Discussion is great. So far there's been a lot of posts, a lot to go on. That's cool.

Doesn't have to end with a lynch for the day to be productive

Okay? I don’t recall saying that it has to end in a lynch.  In fact, I’ve pretty clearly avoided stating that.  Maybe I was too quick to assume you read.  What do we really have to go on?  I can think of maybe five posts that contained something demonstrably useful.  Yet, you once again equate bare numbers with some type of value.  Half the posts are pregame posts, 1/3 are players giving advice, maybe the remainder are relevant.  

Also:

What incentive is there to respond to pressure when you know a decent portion of the game has no interest in lynching anyone?  You are foreclosing consequence by immediately going No Lynch or making clear that is your preference.  This is not an outlandish concept.

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

Uh, in a simple form, yeah.  

It’s not bad if you end up at a No Lynch after having a day phase to stir the pot for information to provide a baseline for power roles to act upon, and to attempt to establish patterns for endgame.

Right here, bruh.

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Okay? I don’t recall saying that it has to end in a lynch.  In fact, I’ve pretty clearly avoided stating that.  Maybe I was too quick to assume you read.  What do we really have to go on?  I can think of maybe five posts that contained something demonstrably useful.  Yet, you once again equate bare numbers with some type of value.  Half the posts are pregame posts, 1/3 are players giving advice, maybe the remainder are relevant.  

Also:

What incentive is there to respond to pressure when you know a decent portion of the game has no interest in lynching anyone?  You are foreclosing consequence by immediately going No Lynch or making clear that is your preference.  This is not an outlandish concept.

I've found quite a few posts interesting already that I've made a note of.

The reactions to the mechanics I've demonstrated have also been particularly interesting to me.

Of course, the lurkers are going to lurk it seems in all games of mafia. Perhaps you are right to try to draw them out more.

I wish this was a night start lol

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I've found quite a few posts interesting already that I've made a note of.

The reactions to the mechanics I've demonstrated have also been particularly interesting to me.

Of course, the lurkers are going to lurk it seems in all games of mafia. Perhaps you are right to try to draw them out more.

I wish this was a night start lol

I dont think I've seen that here. Would be interesting to play for sure.

I think for the new players it would be beneficial to see the full game mechanics play out on D1

Just now, The Orca said:

I dont think I've seen that here. Would be interesting to play for sure.

I think for the new players it would be beneficial to see the full game mechanics play out on D1

Most java mafia is night start on even players so yeah. Downside, of course, is that a PR can die n1 which sucks but can be played around.

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

God, you’re lazy, and obfuscating.

And not answering my question.

Answering what question? Reads are cool and good and I understand how you can use your vote to draw out lurkers into actually participating and getting reads but at the end of the day, numbers aren't meaningless like you so claim. They're pure mathematical odds. And while reads can definitely allow you to improve on those odds quite a bit, using the odds in your favor as well is even better.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Answering what question? Reads are cool and good and I understand how you can use your vote to draw out lurkers into actually participating and getting reads but at the end of the day, numbers aren't meaningless like you so claim. They're pure mathematical odds. And while reads can definitely allow you to improve on those odds quite a bit, using the odds in your favor as well is even better.

I don’t know how you’ve allegedly played 3,000 games and are seemingly incapable of answering a one part question.  

I’m not looking for a mathematical explanation.  In fact, for the sake of you actually answering, let’s suppose I accept the mathematical approach.  Okay?  

Now, why did you instantly go No Lynch instead of allowing the day phase to play out before advocating this?  You can still end at No Lynch, but by immediately advocating it, you basically took one of Town’s only weapons for establishing a game baseline prior to N1, unloaded the bullets, showed everyone it is empty.  Thus, strangling the information flow that is critical in Mafia.  There is zero incompatibility with your approach and this approach, except this one is more beneficial for Town — which you seem to acknowledge with statements related to reads, scumhunting, and information.  But you chose to forego that path, and immediately turn on cruise control.  

Archived