fins new and even better offseason plan to save the packers: a mock offseason 2

FinneasGage

12 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i gotta be up in five hours, but i just acquired the motivation to do a presentation of how to fix a broken team. no pictures or fancy stuff because you guys aren't babies and don't need aesthetics to appreciate the art i'm going to display.  i'm gonna start with some easy cap stuff real quick. 

RELEASE
Tramon Williams (4.76)
Nick Perry  (3.3)
Antonio Morrison (2.05)

alright just three releases. there's like 10m right there, look at that. i'm kinda in favor of just keeping perry and seeing what happens what next year, but it sounds like they're gonna cut him, so whatever. if i didn't cut him in this, they were gonna cut him in the morning and make this outdated. 

TENDER/RETAINED
Reggie Gilbert | EDGE (ERFA)
Robert Tonyan Jr. | TE(ERFA)
Lucas Patrick | IL (ERFA)
Fadol Brown | DL (ERFA)
Geonimo Allison | WR (RFA)

i did this step in the construction last tbh. these were the only guys i thought made sense on the roster at the end of it. 

RE-SIGN
Bashaud Breeland | CB (2 Years | 10 Million)
Jake Ryan | ILB (1 Year | 2 Million)
Ibraheim Campbell | SAF (1 Year | 1 Million)

bashaud was alright, i doubt anyone throws anything crazy at him. jake ryan was a nice solid guy to have. people said ibraheim was good, i didn't really notice, but i believe the guys who said he was good.

FREE AGENCY
Za'Darius Smith | EDGE (3 Years | 34 Million) 
Adrian Amos | SAF (4 Years | 36 Million) 
Adam Humphries | WR (3 Years | 22 Million) 
Quinton Spain | IL (2 Years | 10 Million) 

za'darius makes most sense of all the notable edge guys. fits the scheme, so i hear & doesn't break the bank. he seems fun to have. amos gives a stud in the back end who can do a lot of different things. humphries gives us a nice quick-hitter guy to hit. gives the wideout room someone with legit experience/production besides davante. spain just seems like a solid guy. i guess it's not a beautiful marriage with his play style and lefleurs scheme, but that'll do

THE DRAFT

Round 1
Clelin Ferrell | EDGE

i like burns more tbh. but ferrell and za'darius on the edges seem ideal for a pettine D. got some big strong boys. 

Round 1
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson | SAF

love his game and think he'll be a leader in the back along with jaire. talks an insane amount of ****. and went to the same high school, so gotta rep. 

Round 2
A.J. Brown | WR

i already know there will be comments, but you guys don't know what you're talking about, brown is a god damn stud. he's a leader. and i can't see anyway he's not a really good receiver at the pro level. i'm hoping teams are all drooling over HWS speed guys and let him fall to that pick here in the 2nd. that receiver room is the most talented we've had since the super bowl team w/ Davante, Humphries, MVS, Brown, ESB, Geronimo and J'Mon. There should be zeroooo reason for not having anyone open.

Round 3

Josh Oliver | TE

there's a bunch of tight ends in this range. i watched them all for at least 10 minutes each. oliver is the best of the bunch. why he's not considered better than guys like kaden smith and caleb wilson, i have no idea. people continue to have awful opinions. 

Round 4
Tytus Howard | OT

didn't wanna completely ignore oline, so just praying he falls here. toolsy guy whose stock has been rising a lot. let him sit behind bulaga for a year and then hope he's ready next year to step in at the RT spot. 

Round 4
Mike Bell | SAF

bell's a stud. wanted another guy in that group and to me bell is a value get the 4th. a room with amos, cgj and bell is versatile af. 

Round 5
Darwin Thompson | RB

gives the RB something different. electric tiny guy. but strong as hell. fast as hell. balance is elite. he's really a super good prospect he should shoot up boards, but probably won't because little backs like him continue to be undervalued.

Trade: Both 6th Rounders for a mid 5th Rounder

Round 5
James Williams | RB

again gives the room something a little different. no more prolific pass catching back in the nation. and he looks legit on film. i like having a ton of talented backs who all do different things. 

Trade: 7th Rounder for a '20 6th Rounder 

THE FINAL ROSTER

QB: Aaron Rodgers | DeShone Kizer

RB: Aaron Jones | Jamaal Williams | Darwin Thompson | James Williams

WR: Davante Adams | Adam Humphries | Marquez Valdes-Scantling | Equanimeous St. Brown | AJ Brown | Geronimo Allison | J’Mon Moore

TE: Jimmy Graham | Josh Oliver | Robert Tonyan Jr.

OL: David Bakhtiari | Bryan Bulaga | Tytus Howard | Jason Spriggs

IL: Corey Linsley | Lane Taylor | Quinton Spain | Nico Siragusa | Lucas Patrick 

DL: Kenny Clark | Mike Daniels | Dean Lowry | Tyler Lancaster | Montravius Adams | Fadol Brown

OLB: Za’Darius Smith | Clelin Ferrell | Kyler Fackrell | Kendall Donnerson | Reggie Gilbert

ILB: Blake Martinez | Jake Ryan | Oren Burks

CB: Jaire Alexander | Kevin King | Bashaud Breeland | Josh Jackson| Tony Brown | Natrell Jamerson

S: Adrian Amos | Chauncey Gardner-Johnson | Mike Bell | Josh Jones | Ibraheim Campbell

ST: Mason Crosby | JK Scott | Hunter Bradley

Rodgers has more weapons than he's had since the super bowl team. running back group is exciting and diverse. wideout room is stacked as hell. tight end room is preparing for departure of graham soon, oliver does a lot of similar things. starting OL is really good if bulaga doesn't get hurt. wanted to get some more young talent there, but just didn't happen. DL is fine for now. would've liked to get another edge rusher, but just didn't happen. that trio is very solid though. ILB & CB is pretty much what we had last year. SAF is rebuilt with versatile young guys. 

Your offseason has its ups an downs IMO.  Who is Fadol Brown?  Sorry but Tramon is still a nice piece to have. Gardner-johnson in round 1 is a massive reach. Maybe round 2 is where he belongs. I laughed at Adam Humphries for over 7 million a year but I guess i could be wrong. AJ Brown available in round 2 is a dream IMO. You leave the OL in rough shape and safety would look much better if Tramon was still around. 

I don't have any issues with this offseason but I can't imagine that we're going to both sign Humpries to a big deal and draft a WR high.  I'd rather spend the money alloted for Humphries (IMO he's going to make a lot more than that) on more help on the edge or quility starting OL depth.

I'm warming up on Brown.  Love his work from the slot, as that's what we'll be missing once Cobb is gone.  I do have some concerns about his speed though.  

6 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Your offseason has its ups an downs IMO.  Who is Fadol Brown?  Sorry but Tramon is still a nice piece to have. Gardner-johnson in round 1 is a massive reach. Maybe round 2 is where he belongs. I laughed at Adam Humphries for over 7 million a year but I guess i could be wrong. AJ Brown available in round 2 is a dream IMO. You leave the OL in rough shape and safety would look much better if Tramon was still around. 

Good stuff

7 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Maybe at half his current cap hit.  I don't think we'll be able to keep both Tramon and Breeland.  If we're picking between the 2, it's an easy choice given their play last year and their ages.  

Adam Humphries is going to make a lot more than 7 million a year, not sure I'd laugh about it.  He was one of the best slot WRs in the NFL last year and he's only 25.  

45 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

I couldnt disagree with this post more. Tramon Williams isnt worth having as a "nice piece" at his current price tag. Thats a good cut. Gardner Johnson is not a reach at the end of the 1st. He has all the ability to be the best Safety in this draft class. Just because draftnik communities all have him going in the 2nd doesnt mean thats where NFL Front Offices view him as a talent. He has every bit of a chance to go in the 1st. Humphries for $7 million is about right imho. Just because A.J Brown and N'Keal Harry were 1A and 1B Devy WRs early last year doesnt mean they arent able to fall to guys like Metcalf and Hollywood Brown. He could very well be there in the 2nd. The offensive line is about the only part I agree with you but not entirely he did adress it in this draft with a draft pick and a free agent.

Archived