D-Mac is coming back

ChazStandard

Devin McCourty has told the media he's planning to play in 2019:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018615/article/patriots-devin-mccourty-on-2019-im-going-to-play

He's on the last year of his deal, scheduled to make 9mil with a possible cap hit of over 13 million. Is he worth that much? I would say no, have to think there's a restructure/extension on the way...or even a cut. Cutting him would save the Pats 10 million in cap space.

My way of thinking is that the Patriots must have talked with McCourty before he let out the news. I don't think he would say that with the risk of being cut or traded. He would probably rather retire than finish his career in Detroit or Oakland. I also don't think the Patriots will let him play on his current cap hit so I think an extension is in the works which reduces his 2019 cap hit. 

I would expect news from Gronk in the next 2 weeks also.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

My way of thinking is that the Patriots must have talked with McCourty before he let out the news. I don't think he would say that with the risk of being cut or traded. He would probably rather retire than finish his career in Detroit or Oakland. I also don't think the Patriots will let him play on his current cap hit so I think an extension is in the works which reduces his 2019 cap hit. 

I would expect news from Gronk in the next 2 weeks also.

Yeah - that feels likely.

He struggled with letting up some deeper plays last year - possibly losing his speed a little. He might be playing closer to the LOS this year, with Harmon/rookie taking the deep cover assignments

Archived