Lebron's legacy !!! ??? !!!

resilient part 2

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I'm not sure what you are arguing with me about. ALL I said was that he hasn't been EXPOSED by the west. Do you disagree with that?

I'm just saying his numbers are impressive until you watch the games and see him playing only half of the floor.

I think he's absolutely been exposed by the West this season and his comments about him activating playoff mode prove that. But he should be happy he didn't make the playoffs because he would've been swept in the first round.

1 minute ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

I'm just saying his numbers are impressive until you watch the games and see him playing only half of the floor.

I think he's absolutely been exposed by the West this season and his comments about him activating playoff mode prove that. But he should be happy he didn't make the playoffs because he would've been swept in the first round.

What did it expose exactly?

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

What did it expose exactly?

His lackadaisical effort that has been ingrained in him from playing in a garbage conference his whole career. I've watched the Thunder heavily since they've been a team, that type of effort and approach simply does not work in the Western conference. Star players in this conference are often playing 40+ minutes in even the last game of the season like two days before the playoffs start because seeding is so much more important.

Also he's been a terrible leader this season and you can't even argue against that point.

Just now, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

His lackadaisical effort that has been ingrained in him from playing in a garbage conference his whole career. I've watched the Thunder heavily since they've been a team, that type of effort and approach simply does not work in the Western conference. Star players in this conference are often playing 40+ minutes even up to the last games of the season because seeding is more important as well.

Also he's been a terrible leader this season and you can't even argue against that point.

It didn't expose lack of effort because everyone already knew he hasn't been trying hard on defense before this year. Is this year worse than before? Yes. Is that being exposed? No. It would be exposing him if he has been doing this for years and no one noticed because no one took advantage. That is factually not true.

Being a bad leader this year is irrelevant to the discussion of what has been exposed.

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

It didn't expose lack of effort because everyone already knew he hasn't been trying hard on defense before this year. Is this year worse than before? Yes. Is that being exposed? No. It would be exposing him if he has been doing this for years and no one noticed because no one took advantage. That is factually not true.

Being a bad leader this year is irrelevant to the discussion of what has been exposed.

None of these things were a problem when he was in the weak East. But they sure as hell are in the West and that's why people say he's getting exposed. Because all of the stars in the West have been having to deal with this while LeBron was cake walking to 8 straight Finals as the media's darling in tb 

1 minute ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

None of these things were a problem when he was in the weak East. But they sure as hell are in the West and that's why people say he's getting exposed. Because all of the stars in the West have been having to deal with this while LeBron was cake walking to 8 straight Finals as the media's darling.

I don't think you know what getting exposed means

ex·pose

Dictionary result for expose

/ikˈspōz/
verb
past tense: exposed; past participle: exposed
  1. 1.
    make (something) visible by uncovering it.

If it has been visible you are not uncovering anything even if no one took full advantage of it. His decreasing effort to almost none has been plenty visible for a few years now. If you didn't notice it you weren't paying attention.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The fact that you think the 'mythical West' exposed him says all I need to know. The East has 4/6 top teams in the NBA this year. Here is how we got here:

-Lakers were doing fine

-LeBron got hurt

-Lakers collapsed in his absence

-AD asked for a trade

-Likely using his agent to get this whole saga started, LeBron tried to deal everyone for AD

-This ended up with all of his teammates getting thrown under the bus and destroyed the team chemistry

-LeBron came back early, clearly still hurt trying to make a playoff push because the team faltered

-Now you have still hurt LeBron, on a bad team, that rightfully hates him. Of course they aren't winning games, he's been a terrible leader this season and he doesn't have enough in him to overcome it physically anymore

If you want to blame LeBron for this season's disaster go right ahead. He should bare responsibility for much of the blame. But saying it's due to joining the West lacks both nuance and intelligence

It did. The East is top heavy, but the West is much deeper and therefore tougher. The East has teams at or below .500 battling for the 6-8 seed. Overall the East easily has way more crap teams both this year and especially in years past. It’s been a cakewalk for him and still would be if he were still on an ECF team.

There is no proof that Lebron was still hurt when he returned all the way up until now. Quit making excuses for him. They are 4-9 since his return which is a worse winning % than when they were without him (6-11).

The going’s gotten tough now that he’s out of the cupcake conference and he’s given up. Like he literally has given up playing defense. If the Lakers were in the East they would actually be in the playoffs right now even with this whole disaster he created. 

LeBron's short stint in the West has exposed, put into context, or brought light to his 8 consecutive Finals appearances in the East, and how they are less impressive now that we've seen him in the West. I don't see what's hard to understand about it. He's just not as impressive of a player in the big boy conference and his lazy effort on defense and questionable leadership is a bigger problem now than it ever was in the East. It exposes this fabricated legacy he built up by teaming up with the small amounts of competition he had in the East and then walking into the Finals year after year.

It doesn't change who he is I guess. I just don't understand what type of mental gymnastics you're trying to pull here.

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It did. The East is top heavy, but the West is much deeper and therefore tougher. The East has teams at or below .500 battling for the 6-8 seed. Overall the East easily has way more crap teams both this year and especially in years past. It’s been a cakewalk for him and still would be if he were still on an ECF team.

There is no proof that Lebron was still hurt when he returned all the way up until now. Quit making excuses for him. They are 4-9 since his return which is a worse winning % than when they were without him (6-11).

The going’s gotten tough now that he’s out of the cupcake conference and he’s given up. Like he literally has given up playing defense. If the Lakers were in the East they would actually be in the playoffs right now even with this whole disaster he created. 

Lol. Keep believing that nonsense. The worst the West has been in a decade is too tough for a top 3 player of all time. Right...

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Exposed?

1. He is 34 and has been injured
2. 27-8-8 on over 50% shooting and a 25 PER is hardly getting exposed even for someone in their prime.

His exposure has nothing to do with stats.

He’s exposed in the fact that now that he’s not in a conference flooded with bad teams, he can’t make the Finals carrying a bad team like we all thought. He actually can’t even make the playoffs.

The Lakers are a .500 squad with a Lebron that was just in the Finals 9 months ago.

His injury is an excuse.

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Lol. Keep believing that nonsense. The worst the West has been in a decade is too tough for a top 3 player of all time. Right...

1) Where am I wrong?

2) He’s not a top 3 player of all time.

3) It clearly is too tough, they’re the 10th seed in large part because of him.

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

His exposure has nothing to do with stats.

He’s exposed in the fact that now that he’s not in a conference flooded with bad teams, he can’t make the Finals carrying a bad team like we all thought. He actually can’t even make the playoffs.

The Lakers are a .500 squad with a Lebron that was just in the Finals 9 months ago.

His injury is an excuse.

I think it's hard for them to wrap their heads around it because it exposes LeBron's whole career. At this point it's extremely hard for me to see him finishing above Durant on the all time list. The argument for LeBron is going to be too scattered and playing too much mental gymnastics to be agreed upon by the mass of basketball fans.

The days of "alright, time to flip a switch and beat Indiana" are over. Welcome to the West, LeBron.

1) Where am I wrong?

1) Pretty much everything you've said has been wrong. No one denies the West is harder than the East. Pretending that's the reason why the Lakers suck is wrong. I already told why. You arguments are literally making up points then arguing against them and pretending it's valid. Literally no one thought this Lakers team was going to the finals. Yet you use that as an argument for a non-existent case.

2) Yes, he is. I'll go the breakdown I reference from time to time.

3) The comedy continues.

1) Where am I wrong?

2 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

I think it's hard for them to wrap their heads around it because it exposes LeBron's whole career. At this point it's extremely hard for me to see him finishing above Durant on the all time list. The argument for LeBron is going to be too scattered and playing too much mental gymnastics to be agreed upon by the mass of basketball fans.

The days of "alright, time to flip a switch and beat Indiana" are over. Welcome to the West, LeBron.

Yes let's look at what is happening to a 34 year old injured Lebron and let it cast doubt on his whole career. Brilliant arguments.

Just now, mse326 said:

Yes let's look at what is happening to a 34 year old injured Lebron and let it cast doubt on his whole career. Brilliant arguments.

I'm baffled they don't realize the gap in their logic.

Archived