Lebron's legacy !!! ??? !!!

resilient part 2

I have been wanting to do this for a while, but with Lebron still playing and his legacy far (kind of far) from over, I thought it might be premature. But having said that, there are some conclusions that won't e changed.

1 - he is an all-time great talent who can dominate a game like almost nobody can. 

2 - his constant improvement throughout his career shows his epic work effort.

3 - his durability is near as good as any in NBA history. 

4 his individual records are also going to be near top on many categories. Possible the biggest, the All-time scoring champ.

5 while NOT being clutch for much of his career, he has seemingly turned that around for the last few years.

6 - I can't remember a player with more hype coming out of HS, who actually surpassed expectations.

7 - helped lead a championship for the hapless Cleveland franchise.

8 - There are probably more positives to be listed, but I figured I covered most big ones.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only a few negatives. 

1 - Lebron helped establish a "super team" to win his first 2 Titles. That has hugely contributed IMO to the change in culture in the current NBA (debatable of course) 

2 - Lebron ego has probably turned off many players and personnel members more than anyone in NBA history.

3 - BUT I saved the biggest ones for last. - has there been a single player on any of his teams outside a role playing spot up shooter that has either excelled more playing with him? 

Lebron's dominate the ball for most of the possession has lessened many great teammates. Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie and now all of the youngsters in LA. especially Lonzo and Ingram. Magic for example, while clearly having less ability, may have had his teammates clicking on all cylinders while Lebron at some point stunts everyone's potential. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My conclusion. Despite being an all-time great, can Lebron really be considered the GOAT (one day) with his one major flaw being his teammates excel less with him (overall)

Opinions gents!!!

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

conclusion. Despite being an all-time great, can Lebron really be considered the GOAT (one day) with his one major flaw being his teammates excel less with him (overall)

Opinions gents!!!

I'm guessing Jordan is your pick for GOAT.  If this is your main point, then who did Jordan make better?

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

There are only a few negatives. 

1 - Lebron helped establish a "super team" to win his first 2 Titles. That has hugely contributed IMO to the change in culture in the current NBA (debatable of course) 

2 - Lebron ego has probably turned off many players and personnel members more than anyone in NBA history.

3 - BUT I saved the biggest ones for last. - has there been a single player on any of his teams outside a role playing spot up shooter that has either excelled more playing with him? 

Lebron's dominate the ball for most of the possession has lessened many great teammates. Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie and now all of the youngsters in LA. especially Lonzo and Ingram. Magic for example, while clearly having less ability, may have had his teammates clicking on all cylinders while Lebron at some point stunts everyone's potential. 

Why is #1 a bad thing?

Prove #2.  People hated playing with Jordan and Kobe.

Kyrie Irving got better after LeBron went back to Cleveland.

LeBron is one of the best playmakers of all time....I feel like he 100% has always made players around him better. Maybe Kyrie, K Love, Bosh etc had better stats in other situations...but were they winning championships? Or playoff series? Nope. 

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm guessing Jordan is your pick for GOAT.  If this is your main point, then who did Jordan make better?

I may be a little different than most but I have eight men goat committee. Separated into two categories. The Big Man category in seniority order Bill Russell Wilt Chamberlain Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaq. Followed by non great big men. In seniority order Larry Bird Magic Johnson Michael Jordan and soon-to-be LeBron.

I think this whole idea that one man is the goat is more of a media Sports discussion focal points for fun than actual practicality of being one guy is scientifically correct.

14 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I may be a little different than most but I have eight men goat committee. Separated into two categories. The Big Man category in seniority order Bill Russell Wilt Chamberlain Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaq. Followed by non great big men. In seniority order Larry Bird Magic Johnson Michael Jordan and soon-to-be LeBron.

I think this whole idea that one man is the goat is more of a media Sports discussion focal points for fun than actual practicality of being one guy is scientifically correct.

I mean, could it be anything else? Pretty much the nature of most sports debates anyway. 

17 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I definitely agree about separating big men and perimeter players. Skillsets, responsibilities, etc. are way too different.

If anything holds LeBron back is that he is not willing to move off the ball and that puts a limit on the ceiling of some of his teammates. If you are a great isolation scorer, you will be fine with LeBron. But don't expect LeBron to come off screens or even screen for you unless he is the roll man. Bron is a guy that can do more with less, but the opposite doesn't hold true. Give him a true championship caliber team and say Jordan, good chance Jordan will win more. Give LeBron and Jordan sup-par supporting casts, and good chance LeBron is able to go further in the playoffs. 

Him also not wanting to hit the block is mind boggling. He's going to end his career as the 2nd or 3rd best player of all time, but won't be the GOAT.

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If anything holds LeBron back is that he is not willing to move off the ball and that puts a limit on the ceiling of some of his teammates. If you are a great isolation scorer, you will be fine with LeBron. But don't expect LeBron to come off screens or even screen for you unless he is the roll man. Bron is a guy that can do more with less, but the opposite doesn't hold true. Give him a true championship caliber team and say Jordan, good chance Jordan will win more. Give LeBron and Jordan sup-par supporting casts, and good chance LeBron is able to go further in the playoffs. 

Him also not wanting to hit the block is mind boggling. He's going to end his career as the 2nd or 3rd best player of all time, but won't be the GOAT.

Kinda hilarious typing it but Lebron needs Lonzo not only to take over ball control duties but also for his defense. He'll never admit it though.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know if I'm very good points concerning LeBron in my opinion

Archived