Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bobby816

Last Mock before FA

Recommended Posts

So this mock is more based on what we've heard Macc say. Our past interest in players. Coaching staff. And Rumors.

 

Resigns:

Robby Anderson

Henry Anderson

Daryl Roberts

Andre Roberts

Jason Myers

Mo Claiborne

And other small Free Agents like Burnett, Luvu, Hewitt etc.

 

Free Agency:

Le'Veon Bell

Donte Moncrief

Roger Saffold

Mitch Morse

Dante Fowler Jr.

Robert Quinn

Bryce Callahan

Johnathan Hankins

Cole Beasley

 

NFL Draft:

We try and get teams to trade back but ultimately know wants to move up and pay the price, so we are forced to draft at 3.

1st: DK Metcalf (WR/Ole Miss)

I know some don't like him this high but he's a guy that fits a need for us. Nowhere on the DLine is a need for us after adding Fowler, Quinn and Hankins. Metcalf has a very rare mix of size, speed, hands and body control. And I absolutely think he can fine tune his route running and agility. He's just is a physical freak that when he puts his mind to something he can achieve it.

3rd: Tytus Howard (OT/Alabama State)

We keep Beachum around... but this is his last year with us. This pick allows us to groom Howard for a year to be our starting LT for 2020 and beyond. Can play as a swing OT and maybe even some RG or RT as a rookie if need be.

3rd (from NO): Daylon Mack (DT/Texas A&M)

Very strong physical DT. Can rotate in with Hankins at NT, DT. More of a BPA pick here.

4th: Darrel Henderson (RB/Memphis)

Didn't wow enough at the combine to push him into day 2. We choose him early with him lingering going into day 3 of the draft. Bell, Henderson and McGuire is a nice RB trio.

5th: Kendall Joseph (LB/Clemson)

Depth LB behind Williamson and Lee.

7th: Lucas Denis (S/Boston College)

Depth S behind Maye and Adams.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So this mock is more based on what we've heard Macc say. Our past interest in players. Coaching staff. And Rumors.

 

Resigns:

Robby Anderson

Henry Anderson

Daryl Roberts

Andre Roberts

Jason Myers

Mo Claiborne

And other small Free Agents like Burnett, Luvu, Hewitt etc.

 

Free Agency:

Le'Veon Bell

Donte Moncrief

Roger Saffold

Mitch Morse

Dante Fowler Jr.

Robert Quinn

Bryce Callahan

Johnathan Hankins

Cole Beasley

 

NFL Draft:

We try and get teams to trade back but ultimately know wants to move up and pay the price, so we are forced to draft at 3.

1st: DK Metcalf (WR/Ole Miss)

I know some don't like him this high but he's a guy that fits a need for us. Nowhere on the DLine is a need for us after adding Fowler, Quinn and Hankins. Metcalf has a very rare mix of size, speed, hands and body control. And I absolutely think he can fine tune his route running and agility. He's just is a physical freak that when he puts his mind to something he can achieve it.

3rd: Tytus Howard (OT/Alabama State)

We keep Beachum around... but this is his last year with us. This pick allows us to groom Howard for a year to be our starting LT for 2020 and beyond. Can play as a swing OT and maybe even some RG or RT as a rookie if need be.

3rd (from NO): Daylon Mack (DT/Texas A&M)

Very strong physical DT. Can rotate in with Hankins at NT, DT. More of a BPA pick here.

4th: Darrel Henderson (RB/Memphis)

Didn't wow enough at the combine to push him into day 2. We choose him early with him lingering going into day 3 of the draft. Bell, Henderson and McGuire is a nice RB trio.

5th: Kendall Joseph (LB/Clemson)

Depth LB behind Williamson and Lee.

7th: Lucas Denis (S/Boston College)

Depth S behind Maye and Adams.

 

 

I’m into it. Only thing I question is if Darrell makes it to round 4. I think his 49 was slightly disappointing, but I think his stock may have even gone up given the disappointment with guys like Snell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate DK at 3. No agility whatsoever. No way Macc wastes the 3rd pick on such a 1 dimensional reciever. Even tom brady put up better agility numbers then DK. 

If we gotnhim at 10 or later,  sure.... but youre passing on WAY more complete players for a 1 trick pony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like most of it but do we really need to sign Moncrief, Beasley, AND drafting DK?  That seems like overkill, maybe just sign one and draft DK.  

5 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Hate DK at 3. No agility whatsoever. No way Macc wastes the 3rd pick on such a 1 dimensional reciever. Even tom brady put up better agility numbers then DK. 

If we gotnhim at 10 or later,  sure.... but youre passing on WAY more complete players for a 1 trick pony. 

I think people are way overreacting to those agility numbers.  Lots of guys have run bad agilities and been good players.  Josh Gordon was rumored to be awful at them so he didn't run them, Dez ran terrible agilities at his pro day, and you know you get the pro day bump on times.  Most bigger heavier WR's don't even run them.  Frankly i have no idea why he even ran them, if he just sat them out like a lot of guys no one would even be talking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of those guys were taken #3 overall.  And Dez is already done at 29. Josh Gordons numbers were a rumor so thats not a valid argument. 

I reviewed his tapes, highlight reel catches with terrible route running. 

Id take him at 10, at 3, theres a lot better prospects to grab and Macc has shown to go BPA. He isnt gonna reach,  especially if Williams, Bosa, or Allen are on the board. And at 3 one will def be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

None of those guys were taken #3 overall.  And Dez is already done at 29. Josh Gordons numbers were a rumor so thats not a valid argument. 

I reviewed his tapes, highlight reel catches with terrible route running. 

Id take him at 10, at 3, theres a lot better prospects to grab and Macc has shown to go BPA. He isnt gonna reach,  especially if Williams, Bosa, or Allen are on the board. And at 3 one will def be. 

I’m reading into what Macc has said about giving Darnold weapons. And DK is the best weapon at WR this offseason. I think he will improve his agility at his pro day. He’s a physical freak and will do better. Watch even his route running coming in and out of breaks at the combine (and on game film) he has quickness. Another thing to add is that this isn’t a 6’ 190lb WR that needs to create this big time seperation to be good. 50/50 ballads aren’t 50/50 balls being 6’3.5” and 233lbd with great hands and speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped reading after Metcalf in the first.  That is such a bad pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m reading into what Macc has said about giving Darnold weapons. And DK is the best weapon at WR this offseason. I think he will improve his agility at his pro day. He’s a physical freak and will do better. Watch even his route running coming in and out of breaks at the combine (and on game film) he has quickness. Another thing to add is that this isn’t a 6’ 190lb WR that needs to create this big time seperation to be good. 50/50 ballads aren’t 50/50 balls being 6’3.5” and 233lbd with great hands and speed. 

Yes. Mac did say he wanted to get Darnold weapons.  He did not say he was going to completely change the way he drafts to do so. 

Drafting DK there is terrible value. Theres 7 guys that are more complete and frankly better players that provide similar upside. 

Granting in the preface to your mock you never said you would take gm tendencies into account.... however this i can promose you:

If Mac stays at #3 he will not be taking DK with that pick, not when Quinnen, Bosa or Allen will be available. Fight it all you want, but history agrees with me here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Yes. Mac did say he wanted to get Darnold weapons.  He did not say he was going to completely change the way he drafts to do so. 

Drafting DK there is terrible value. Theres 7 guys that are more complete and frankly better players that provide similar upside. 

Granting in the preface to your mock you never said you would take gm tendencies into account.... however this i can promose you:

If Mac stays at #3 he will not be taking DK with that pick, not when Quinnen, Bosa or Allen will be available. Fight it all you want, but history agrees with me here. 

And his history he has to know hasn’t built a winner, so it’s time for a change. Fact is DK isn’t far off from a top 3-4 talent in this draft, so he’s not a huge reach. Edge is addressed in FA as well as DT. So neither are a need. When a legit WR is still a need come draft day in this mock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And his history he has to know hasn’t built a winner, so it’s time for a change. Fact is DK isn’t far off from a top 3-4 talent in this draft, so he’s not a huge reach. Edge is addressed in FA as well as DT. So neither are a need. When a legit WR is still a need come draft day in this mock.

DK isnt far from  the top 3 or 4 guys in this class??

Cmonnnn man. Hes not even in the top 10. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And his history he has to know hasn’t built a winner, so it’s time for a change. Fact is DK isn’t far off from a top 3-4 talent in this draft, so he’s not a huge reach. Edge is addressed in FA as well as DT. So neither are a need. When a legit WR is still a need come draft day in this mock.

Sorry man, but he’s not close to a top 3-4 talent in this class. We’d be drafting purely off upside.  As it stands though, he’s not an elite prospect.  He’s an elite athlete with elite upside, but he’s raw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

DK isnt far from  the top 3 or 4 guys in this class??

Cmonnnn man. Hes not even in the top 10. 

 

I’d bet a good amount of money DK gets drafted in the top 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Sorry man, but he’s not close to a top 3-4 talent in this class. We’d be drafting purely off upside.  As it stands though, he’s not an elite prospect.  He’s an elite athlete with elite upside, but he’s raw. 

Absolutely. You don’t see me preaching that he’s a better prospect than Josh Allen. But given what we’ve done and what we need and what’s key to this team. He’s who I think could be the pick. For me though I do rank him higher than most. I’ll say Allen, Boss and Q are better talents. But DI is right after that for me. And we need talent around our QB. We don’t need Allen or Boss with adding 2 edges. And don’t need Q with adding Hankins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. You don’t see me preaching that he’s a better prospect than Josh Allen. But given what we’ve done and what we need and what’s key to this team. He’s who I think could be the pick. For me though I do rank him higher than most. I’ll say Allen, Boss and Q are better talents. But DI is right after that for me. And we need talent around our QB. We don’t need Allen or Boss with adding 2 edges. And don’t need Q with adding Hankins.

I wouldn’t put him in the top 10 prospects personally bud, but that’s just me. And I like DK,   but those agility drills are really alarming. I don’t question his ability to be a legitimate deep threat at the next level, but I do question how he’s going to be on a comeback route, etc. He has stiff hips and while he can open them up a bit, can he open them up enough?  We’ll find out.  I get why you took him in this mock btw, I’m talking in general though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dk's agility stats compared to Julios... since the comparison was made...

DK-

3 cone: 7.38

20 yd shuttle: 4.5

Julio Jones-

3 cone: 6.66

20 ys shuttle: 4.25

Yeaaaa.... not even close in terms of agility.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×