Russell Wilson - NFL's First $40 Million Per Player?

showtime

On 4/9/2019 at 3:51 PM, Sacks98 said:

Yeah that's nothing compared to Giseles networth which is reportedly 320-400M.

Exactly.  And Wilson's situation isn't even 'normal'.  The majority of professional athletes don't have a wife or girlfriend that has any earning potential.  These guys risk their bodies (hell in football, their well being with CTE and all that) to secure the financial future of their family.  I don't blame an athlete for taking as much money as possible, especially someone like Wilson who has played so well for so long.  The guy deserves to get paid a mega deal.

So there is a rumor that he turned down 100 mil guaranteed this morning, because he does not want to be in Seattle anymore. I dont get why he wants out so bad to turn that much money down if true? Is his wife the one pushing for this because he seemed all in on Seattle from day 1?

18 hours ago, Sacks98 said:

The whole trading Clark makes sense if we can't afford him because we might have to franchise Wilson the next few years.

now that wilson has been extended does that mean clark will be moved? Why dont the seahawks want to extend him too if they have the cap space to do it? Is it because he has other off field issues outside of the college incident?

13 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

now that wilson has been extended does that mean clark will be moved? Why dont the seahawks want to extend him too if they have the cap space to do it? Is it because he has other off field issues outside of the college incident?

Nah it isn't off the field issues it's about money not sure we can afford Clark if he wants what Lawrence got from the Cowboys.

38 minutes ago, Sacks98 said:

Nah it isn't off the field issues it's about money not sure we can afford Clark if he wants what Lawrence got from the Cowboys.

I mean, the Seahawks shouldn't pay him DeMarcus Lawrence money.

1 hour ago, Sacks98 said:

im not sure he will get 20+ mil a year maybe what flowers got as they seem to have similar production. What would be the asking rate to trade him? a 2nd round pick. I cant imagine a team giving up a 1st and paying him.

Archived