Outside perspective on the Draft

Big T

Lets get something straight, I'm a Jets fan, but I also happen to be a N.Y. fan. That being said and rooting for the Giants if they are in the playoffs is a no brainer for me. But going forward, what are the Giants to do with this draft? Do they move up and grab a QB, do they stay put and grab the best defensive player on the board and one IMHO will fall to them or should they draft down. To be honest the draft is deep on defensive linemen, but what are the needs for the Giants outside of the obvious need for a QB for the future.

Here is what I believe, I believe the Giants (if I were running the show) should find a player who can be a difference maker on offense to replace OBJ and at the same time be able to do other things besides catch the ball. 

The person who comes to mind is the TE -TJ Hockenson, who can not only block, but is great at helping the run game besides catching the ball. This would be the first guy I would draft. He would be able to protect Manning, open holes for Barkley and be the next coming of Gronk or better yet Bravaro.

This guy is going to be a star and open up the offense for the Giants and with the second pick in the first round Jonah Williams.

Manning has been a punching bag the past few years and IMHO these 2 guys would immediately pay dividends both could come in and start and give the in coming future QB a foundation for the future.

As for the QB of the future, I believe the Giants are going to play out the season with Manning especially in light of the fact that next years QB class is light years better than this years batch. Perhaps better than 2018's class of QB's.

Lets face it, the Giants are in rebuilding mode.

Again, an outside perspective, as for the rest of the draft, the Giants can add a quality D lineman, ER, S, later in the draft with BPA.

I think the Giants have already done what you want them to do by drafting Barkley last year. I think this year is about getting that same type of player on the defensive side, if possible. On the defense, we've got older talent in Ogletree and Jackrabbit, young talent in Peppers, BJ Hill, Lorenzo Carter, and Dalvin Tomlinson, and unknown talent in Sam Beal. However, that is it. If someone wants to claim we don't have a single difference maker on defense, I wouldn't argue. With 2 QBs going in the top-5, there will be a difference maker available to us at 6 that we need to take. One of Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, or Devin White.

I agree with you though that Jonah Williams would be an excellent choice at 17 and I really do like TJ Hockenson. He's going to be a stud.

Honestly from all the reports and talks the media and other random outlets are having with the Gmen, they are saying that almost all directions point to us taking a stud defensive player. This drafts strength is gonna be along the defensive line. I think the Giants want to go with a QB but are not going to be in a rush to get one. Don't think Shurmur, DG, and even the Maras and Steve Tisch are gonna say draft this or else and end up with a bust. My draft I wrote on our forum, (V2.0) I see us going with Ed Oliver at 6 and Dan Jones at 17

Why would we go TE with any of the picks We have a stud TE. We need OT d-line and QB first 3 picks.   I wouldn't even draft a TE for 2 years atleast.   Maybe your jets can use a TE not us. how about this give us you #3 and you can have our #6 and ger your TE for your team :)

Archived