Bucs take LB Devin White at number five

bucsfan333

18 hours ago, indifference said:

“It’s an opportunity to show why I was Top 5, why I helped a team win the Super Bowl,” White said about signing with Philadelphia. “To prove. I don’t lack any confidence on a one-year deal. Last year wasn’t who you were, that’s never been Devin White on tape.

“Now you get an opportunity on a bigger stage, it’s a bigger platform here, it’s a better all-around team built right here, right now to do great things. And I want to be a part of that.”

https://www.pewterreport.com/devin-white-takes-parting-shot-at-bucs/

Lol

He knows he blew his chance last off-season to get a long-term deal with decent amount of GTD money.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He knows he blew his chance last off-season to get a long-term deal with decent amount of GTD money.

Dude was seeking out roughly 20M's after Roquan Smith got his deal. He is delusional

The red flags were there from jump with Devin White. 

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Honestly the Splash plays he made towards the tail end of his rookie season and got hot the final 8 weeks of 2020 (that included the Playoffs and super bowl )

Last I checked he never played well in a full season. 

Those Splash moments only regressed from year two to almost non existent LY. 

Bowles held out hope for too long in my opinion to see if he could develop. Talent isnt the issue for Devin. It's IQ. 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Honestly the Splash plays he made towards the tail end of his rookie season and got hot the final 8 weeks of 2020 (that included the Playoffs and super bowl )

Last I checked he never played well in a full season. 

Those Splash moments only regressed from year two to almost non existent LY. 

Bowles held out hope for too long in my opinion to see if he could develop. Talent isnt the issue for Devin. It's IQ. 

Its always been his IQ, that's why the pick was a head scratcher. Luckily, Winston and White being draft busts didn't set us back.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:01 PM, indifference said:

Its always been his IQ, that's why the pick was a head scratcher. Luckily, Winston and White being draft busts didn't set us back.

Jason Licht still to this day hasn't figured out how to evaluate or draft a QB. 

Winston and Trash just complete busts. Thinking Winston bc he ran a pro style offense at FSU after a huge decline YOY was just a poor evaluation. 

Trask (Trash)? Idk what any of them were thinking to take him in the second round. There was no talent or upside there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Jason Licht still to this day hasn't figured out how to evaluate or draft a QB. 

Winston and Trash just complete busts. Thinking Winston bc he ran a pro style offense at FSU after a huge decline YOY was just a poor evaluation. 

Trask (Trash)? Idk what any of them were thinking to take him in the second round. There was no talent or upside there. 

Never thought Licht is the only person responsible for the Bucs draft decisions. In his past interviews he's always alluded that he makes draft decisions with the coaches input and they all agree on their "guy". And if you look at Todd Bowles draft history with the Jets it mirrors what he tried to do here.

Invested a raw linebacker in the first round who ran a 4.47 40 at the combine in 2016. The year before he drafts Leonard Williams at pick 6. Drafts Marcus Maye in round 2.

Well what happen when Bowles got hired? We drafted a LB the same profile as Darron Lee who was a bust, in which White is trending towards. We draft a safety in round 2 in AWJ, and last year we got Kancey who falls under the Leo Will thought process. 

Either way yeah, I agree the coaching staff Arians/Koetter influenced those QB selections more than Licht. Arians is the supposedly QB whisperer yet Jameis was playing 30/30 ball and the other QB can't even see the light of day.  I hope Coen can help with this in the future.

On 3/25/2024 at 12:52 PM, indifference said:

Never thought Licht is the only person responsible for the Bucs draft decisions. In his past interviews he's always alluded that he makes draft decisions with the coaches input and they all agree on their "guy". And if you look at Todd Bowles draft history with the Jets it mirrors what he tried to do here.

Invested a raw linebacker in the first round who ran a 4.47 40 at the combine in 2016. The year before he drafts Leonard Williams at pick 6. Drafts Marcus Maye in round 2.

Well what happen when Bowles got hired? We drafted a LB the same profile as Darron Lee who was a bust, in which White is trending towards. We draft a safety in round 2 in AWJ, and last year we got Kancey who falls under the Leo Will thought process. 

Either way yeah, I agree the coaching staff Arians/Koetter influenced those QB selections more than Licht. Arians is the supposedly QB whisperer yet Jameis was playing 30/30 ball and the other QB can't even see the light of day.  I hope Coen can help with this in the future.

Ya I mean I get that. But then he needs to own responsibility to hiring coaches that don't evaluate well or adapt to todays NFL. 

I think Coen is a good hire. Look at Kentucky for example: He left for LAR and Levis regressed after having a great year. He's got a creative mind and strategy that he's bringing to Tampa and I actually think this might be better than the Canales hire last year. 

• Like 1