How well did the NFC North draft?

vike daddy

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think this is a fair assessment of the draft, etc, with one exception. Hayward was good in GB dating back to his rookie year. His problem was he couldn't stay healthy in GB, which tends to be a trend.

Again with the nitpicking.

I didn't say Hayward wasn't good with GB, I said he didn't turn into a star until after he left. The Chargers signed him for $15M/3 and he promptly led the league in INTs and went to 2 Pro Bowls. 

Packers could've easily afforded to keep him. But would he have developed into a star in a secondary that hasn't had a single excellent season from anyone since he left?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Saw the Packers were cutting Sternberger. That made me wonder about the old debate some had about Smith Jr vs Sternberger. Right now, neither of them are doing much for the team that drafted them. Smith Jr likely will make it through his rookie contract. Overall, looking at this draft reminds me how little anyone should count on the draft to fill immediate holes on a team. That is what free agency is for. The draft should be used to load the team up with prospects so that hopefully there will not be too many holes in future years that will require the signing of a free agent.