The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

34 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Also, I realllllly hope we pick up Justin Fields. Jimbo himself has been heavy in the recruitment process for him.

Pretty sure you told me before but are you an alum? And yeah, Fields in this class would be awesome. Jimbo personally recruiting him is pretty big. I think he's visiting FSU later this month.

59 minutes ago, Phire said:

Pretty sure you told me before but are you an alum? And yeah, Fields in this class would be awesome. Jimbo personally recruiting him is pretty big. I think he's visiting FSU later this month.

Not an Alum but I've been to a few games. FSU is pretty much my "family school" I've had a few different family members go there over the years.

One name to watch out of the Jimbo Camp is Warren Thompson. Apparently he arrived today. He's a four-star WR from Florida who verbally committed to Oregon, but is still being recruited hard by FSU. The fact that he's in Tallahassee bodes well for us.

20 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Also, I realllllly hope we pick up Justin Fields. Jimbo himself has been heavy in the recruitment process for him.

Yes, please.  I just hope having Francois here for another year doesn't turn him off too badly.  

Getting a lot of good prospects but I really don't like early commits. Well....let me correct that, I like getting early commits I just don't trust them. These are like 15, 16, 17 year old kids probably making their first real decision in life, I feel like these commits change their mind and back out way too regularly.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Getting a lot of good prospects but I really don't like early commits. Well....let me correct that, I like getting early commits I just don't trust them. These are like 15, 16, 17 year old kids probably making their first real decision in life, I feel like these commits change their mind and back out way too regularly.

It's true, but I think Jimbo has a good track record with keeping guys aboard. But you never know like with James Cook.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

It's true, but I think Jimbo has a good track record with keeping guys aboard. But you never know like with James Cook.

To be fair James Cook left because he had 2-3 better RBs than him in his own recruiting class but that's exactly my point. He came here because of the ties to his brother and because he loved the school yet decommitted because other people were recruited at his position.