The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

Losing Francois really hurts and I feel terrible for the kid.   Special teams looks pretty "special" to me....i still don't know what Gavin was thinking on that kick return (the hesitation from get go had me already wondering what was gonna happen)

The bright spot is that the D looked great. Derwin had a great game and the front 7 was getting in there and hitting Alabama's big backs.

One thing that did have me worried is that I didn't hear a lot of Murray's name being called.  I know the Bama DB was an AA, but I thought Murray would be able to make a play.

28 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I think I speak for many, when I say that winning the ACC wasn't what we were shooting for.  But you are right, I suppose.

If you win the ACC, you're likely in the playoff and anything can happen at that point. It's not like Bama was that much better than you and it's not like Francois was doing anything. 

I think the defense is good enough to keep us in. But FSU plays some explosive offenses, and they're gonna score points. I don't like our chances if it comes down to a shoot-out with a team like Louisville with a true freshman at quarterback. Jimbo has never started a true freshman as a head coach and the offense is notoriously complex. Darn you Malik Henry.

• 2 weeks later...

Until Jimbo decides to let Charles Kelly go, the defense will keep under performing. No pass rush and defense just looks undisciplined out there biting on every fake. 

OL looked bad. I know Chubb is good and all, but need to make quicker adjustments and help the OT out.

1 hour ago, ngo1125 said:

Until Jimbo decides to let Charles Kelly go, the defense will keep under performing. No pass rush and defense just looks undisciplined out there biting on every fake. 

OL looked bad. I know Chubb is good and all, but need to make quicker adjustments and help the OT out.

That was frustrating too. NC State pretty much had one guy on defense carry them and disrupt our entire offense. We did NOTHING to help out against him. 

On 9/28/2017 at 11:14 AM, hrubes20 said:

Patrick frustrates the hell out of me.  For being such a big back, he runs like an absolute tinkerbell.  

So true. He's got everything except the mentality. He's huge and athletic, but doesn't run with the "i'll run through a brick wall" type mentality.