The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

29 minutes ago, Phire said:

So Jimbo leaving is heating up... 

Lucky for FSU it doesn't take a great coach to win here. While I do think Jimbo is good/great he does have some issues and there is no way he's gonna roll into Texas A&M and start dominating the SEC.

29 minutes ago, Phire said:

So Jimbo leaving is heating up... 

Lucky for FSU it doesn't take a great coach to win here. While I do think Jimbo is good/great he does have some issues and there is no way he's gonna roll into Texas A&M and start dominating the SEC.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

I'm hearing that FSU already has a list drawn up for potential coaches. Simultaneously, a player recently came out and said that Jimbo told the team not to worry about the A&M reports. 

I do agree though. I honestly think someone else could take advantage of the talent FSU can pull in. This pro-style, slow-as-hell offense just isn't going to cut it at this level without a Jameis at QB who can pull rabbits out of a hat.

Spread the field out, run tempo, and take advantage of the fact that most programs don't have the athletes that we do.

Texas A&M makes their offer official today in the afternoon. That's why Jimbo hasn't announced yet: he can't. The contract exists but hasn't been made official. It's possible we hear something today.

In that case, it'll be real awkward for him to coach Saturday. But with the early signing period we really can't be waiting around, especially since recruiting has not just died but has gone backwards with us losing three commitments last night alone.

22 minutes ago, Phire said:

Texas A&M makes their offer official today in the afternoon. That's why Jimbo hasn't announced yet: he can't. The contract exists but hasn't been made official. It's possible we hear something today.

In that case, it'll be real awkward for him to coach Saturday. But with the early signing period we really can't be waiting around, especially since recruiting has not just died but has gone backwards with us losing three commitments last night alone.

Who do you like to replace Jimbo? I honestly don't know much about Taggert or Fuente