Trade Ideas

Money

8 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Nope.  In the upcoming NFL season, Artie Burns will be a #1 CB, lead the league in INTs, shutdown guys like DeAndre Hopkins, and have a PFF ranking of 100.

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Unless it is actually IN the XFL, that's simply not going to happen.

I was talking this over with a fellow Steelers fan.  He also agreed with you all.  I bet him a second mortgage on my house for a $25 gift card to Walmart as I am that sure about he will get at least 7 INTs.

I doubt he makes the team, but it will be something to observe if he rebounds and has a decent career. It just hasn't worked out here for him, but he will get another chance on another team.  Maybe he will be a ST ace, nothing wrong with that,  but colbert's RD1 pick needs to play CB in a legit manner and it's not happening .  

On 5/22/2019 at 6:27 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Browns are getting murdered in this trade. You have to throw in a conditional 3rd round pick. If he makes more than 50 posts in our forum it can turn into a 2nd rounder. 

What makes you think you're getting my picks?

I'll trade you a 7th to shut the  up. 

Bud Dupree and 2020 PIT 5th to Miami for 2020 4th rd pick and Reshad Jones

I like Miami as an installation of Wilkins and Bud Dupree to a defense. Compared to what you had before. That's not bad. And this doesn't hurt you as you are desperately looking for someone to take on the Reshad Jones contract. I'm desperate to get rid of Bud Dupree contract. Just a slosh bucket. But hey maybe Bud Dupree works and gets 13 sacks this year. I could see it with penetrating speed DT that run QBs into DEs. That's what he needs. 

We gotta get rid of Bud Dupree. The cap savings would be nice. $9m. Some return of any kind would be nice. He is a bust. Time to move on and give the other guys a shot. Ola would be nice to see what he can do. Give them hunger. It will bring out a champion. Plus, the base I'd like to run features Tuitt and Heyward at DE with Hargrave and _____ $9m cap savings

Gerald McCoy. 3 years, $27m

Same as Haden. I believe. 

On 5/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, AlanFanecaFan said:

Trading(and adding a draft pick to boot) Haden, the Steelers best CB since Ike Taylor for a 3rd rd pick next year while in a short window, would be asinine.

No paragraph needed to explain why...

Imagine recycling. I take Joe Haden. Take nothing in return. Seemingly. Open up cash. CB spot. He's not in the long-term plans. And should not be. Find someone who can. That's Peterson. 

You take Haden. You take Nelson. You end up with Peterson. You pick up some along the way. 

But whatever the cost. As you said. Best CB in 30 years. 

Yeah. That's P2. And he's worth the money. And we need to spend it. So that's who I spend it on. 

Reshad Jones and Patrick Peterson is the best safety partnership in the league. 

Yeah, I know, get Peterson and move him to safety. What the Steelers seem to not understand is the safety doesn't read the WRs. I swear they just sit back there all day while we get picked apart. You're gonna have to get greedy (Troy) and you're gonna have to be good (Troy) to get away with it. You're gonna have to be smart and instinctive. 

I see Askew-Henry #41 safety. No. Wrong. CB. Comes up lays lumber. Special teams guy. Like this guy. 

I see PJ Locke #24. Safety. This guy is a dynamo. He is can't miss. He can play anywhere on the defense in the modern NFL. A guy that fights through the block is how you beat New England. It's chess. Not checkers. Take away their bread and butter. Take away New England. PJ Locke is a cover two freight train at CB like ohh you guessed it....

CB Sean Davis

Lights out legs. The web stretches to the ends. And you don't want this covering smaller webs. That's called coverage. Really. Can't believe a guy with his leg type would play safety. That's a quad/thigh position. Think Troy. They're bigger than a CB and smaller than a LB. Sean Davis is a big CB. That's a good thing. He sits back there and covers the sideline the whole damn game. Guy didn't catch a pass the whole game. 

52 minutes ago, Money said:

Bud Dupree and 2020 PIT 5th to Miami for 2020 4th rd pick and Reshad Jones

I like Miami as an installation of Wilkins and Bud Dupree to a defense. Compared to what you had before. That's not bad. And this doesn't hurt you as you are desperately looking for someone to take on the Reshad Jones contract. I'm desperate to get rid of Bud Dupree contract. Just a slosh bucket. But hey maybe Bud Dupree works and gets 13 sacks this year. I could see it with penetrating speed DT that run QBs into DEs. That's what he needs. 

We gotta get rid of Bud Dupree. The cap savings would be nice. $9m. Some return of any kind would be nice. He is a bust. Time to move on and give the other guys a shot. Ola would be nice to see what he can do. Give them hunger. It will bring out a champion. Plus, the base I'd like to run features Tuitt and Heyward at DE with Hargrave and _____ $9m cap savings

Gerald McCoy. 3 years, $27m

Same as Haden. I believe. 

On Dupree swap. Make it so it's straight up. You eat up as much of the Reshad Jones contract as Bud Dupree makes this year so it's a straight cash swap. Because that's the problem over there in Miami. Reshad Jones contract and age and forcing him out. Dupree sucks and I wanna run a 4-2-5 base with Tuitt and Heyward as my starting DE making his position as rotation or 2nd line DE and him expendable. So it's a good marriage.

And both teams are happy going forward. PIT getting the better draft pick for helping out Miami and they get a 1st rd pick pass rusher who is still young and could turn the corner. 

Edited by Money

4 minutes ago, Money said:

On Dupree swap. Make it so it's straight up. You eat up as much of the Reshad Jones contract as Bud Dupree makes this year so it's a straight cash swap. Because that's the problem over there in Miami. Reshad Jones contract and age and forcing him out. Dupree sucks and I wanna run a 4-2-5 base with Tuitt and Heyward as my starting DE making his position as rotation or 2nd line DE and him expendable. So it's a good marriage.

And both teams are happy going forward. PIT getting the better draft pick for helping out Miami and they get a 1st rd pick pass rusher who is still young and could turn the corner. 

Did you....quote yourself?

• Like 4