43M's Gaming Journal: NOW PLAYING: Doom (2016)

43M

17 hours ago, 43M said:

@Broncofan

Not sure if you knew this, but apparently, the story for part 3 is already done and they are set to start voice recording in the near future, with a hopeful 2027 release.  That would be amazing, but Im thinking 2028 is more likely.

Also, there is apparently a DLC thats already pretty much done.   My guess is sometime next year it will release.   Im guessing its a backstory for either Vincent or Cid.

Yeah the fact they got Rebirth out in 2024 when they had to deal with Covid and had the Yuffie DLC, and given the fact they retained 80+ percent of the dev crew, and them keeping all the assets with the same Unreal 4 engine - I’m guessing we see a 2027 release to coincide with the 30 year anniversary.    NGL it’s still going to be a long wait.   

Are you sure we’re getting DLC?  Lot of online sources said no DLC - Vincent / Cid likely being saved for Ep3 (like how Red / Cait Sith & in theory Yuffie were added to the party for Rebirth).   I’m guessing we’ll see Zack as the 3rd addition, even if it’s just for a short while.  

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to see a DLC but Nomura was pretty direct about this last year iirc 

https://x.com/techradargaming/status/1706375563823243740?s=46&t=JSCW7buh6rkAP4Q7Ebqbfw

But yeah, it’s going to be a long wait.    I’ll likely play the 2022 Crisis Core Reunion PS4/5 version so I know the whole story, and then do a speed run of Remake & Rebirth all before Ep3.     The tough part is gameplay-wise Remake is def going to be more of a chore - because they didn’t have great air combat, it was one of the big improvements in Rebirth.      But the nice part is with all the exploration done & side quests completed the main story speed run is pretty quick. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1