McCoy Visiting Panthers Today/Tomorrow

RUN CMC

It looks like we're in the mix as one of the teams to possibly sign McCoy. Other teams that he's visited are the Ravens and Browns. Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the potential signing. 

Pairing him with KK and Poe would make us as one of the top inside pass rushing units in the league but at what cost? Does it hamper us potentially resigning Bradberry or Shaq next year?

KK - Poe - McCoy

Addison - Luke - Shaq - Burns

1 hour ago, RUN CMC said:

It looks like we're in the mix as one of the teams to possibly sign McCoy. Other teams that he's visited are the Ravens and Browns. Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the potential signing. 

Pairing him with KK and Poe would make us as one of the top inside pass rushing units in the league but at what cost? Does it hamper us potentially resigning Bradberry or Shaq next year?

KK - Poe - McCoy

Addison - Luke - Shaq - Burns

It depends on what kind of a deal he's looking for.  Its almost June, so he's probably not getting a bigger deal than he would if he was a free agent at the top of the offseason.

If we look at Suh, he's only been doing 1 year deals in his last 2 stints (the upcoming Bucs one and with the Rams last year).  So McCoy could follow that same trajectory.  IMO, I don't see us offering him more than 2 year deal.  If so, it shouldn't make too much of a difference in re-signing Bradberry.  We could also cut Torrey Smith at any time and save $5m.  I'm not sure I see Smith making the 53-man roster anyway.  Moore and Samuels are are top 2 without a doubt.  Wright is a way better slot guy than Smith.  We signed Hogan as well.  I'm all for depth, but maybe not at $5m for our #5 receiver.

I don't know what the general feeling is, but I kinda hope we don't re-sign Thompson unless its for something like 7m per.  Maybe he'll surprise me as we transition into a 3-4, but 4 years in I haven't really seen anything special from him yet. 

This would be a great singing.  KK/Poe/McCoy, plus we still have Kyle Love as depth and Butler might finally be effective.  Plus from my understanding, we'll still be rolling with the 4-3 sometimes too.  McCoy and Short would be a REALLY good pass rushing interior duo.  I'm hoping this works out.

Edited by iknowcool

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, iknowcool said:

It depends on what kind of a deal he's looking for.  Its almost June, so he's probably not getting a bigger deal than he would if he was a free agent at the top of the offseason.

If we look at Suh, he's only been doing 1 year deals in his last 2 stints (the upcoming Bucs one and with the Rams last year).  So McCoy could follow that same trajectory.  IMO, I don't see us offering him more than 2 year deal.  If so, it shouldn't make too much of a difference in re-signing Bradberry.  We could also cut Torrey Smith at any time and save $5m.  I'm not sure I see Smith making the 53-man roster anyway.  Moore and Samuels are are top 2 without a doubt.  Wright is a way better slot guy than Smith.  We signed Hogan as well.  I'm all for depth, but maybe not at $5m for our #5 receiver.

I don't know what the general feeling is, but I kinda hope we don't re-sign Thompson unless its for something like 7m per.  Maybe he'll surprise me as we transition into a 3-4, but 4 years in I haven't really seen anything special from him yet. 

This would be a great singing.  KK/Poe/McCoy, plus we still have Kyle Love as depth and Butler might finally be effective.  Plus from my understanding, we'll still be rolling with the 4-3 sometimes too.  McCoy and Short would be a REALLY good pass rushing interior duo.  I'm hoping this works out.

Rumor is that we offered him a 1 year deal and the Ravens offered him a 2 year deal so we'll see how much that affects his decision. 

Congrats on the McCoy signing...defense wins championships and I think the Panthers are flying under the radar and are close!! Since Carolina came into the league I always thought of them as a defensive team; surprised they haven't won a Super Bowl, yet.

• Like 1

Short-Love

Poe-Butler

McCoy-???

Irvin-Burns-Haynes-Cox

Kuechly-Carter

Thompson

Addison-Miller-Obada

This front seven is ridiculous.  I'm stoked.  Hurney has been on God mode upon his return.  He signed one of the best interior DL in football.  He signed the best center available.  Re-signed Williams.  And all for outstanding deals.