Cubs to sign Closer Craig Kimbrel - 3 years, $43M

pwny

15 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Yeah as i said im iffy on Green as well and would rather look elsewhere.  With that said if we keep trotting this garbage in Luke Jackson out there to blow games left and right im willing to try almost anything at this point.   I still don't understand why the heck Swarzack can't get a look at closer he has been fricken lights out since he has been here.  I don't want Luke to touch a ball after the 7th inning of any game i want Swar in the 8th and a legit closer on this team pronto. 

Minter should get another look. He was rushed back too soon after his car accident in March. He's healthy now, and deserves it more than anyone else.

4 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Minter should get another look. He was rushed back too soon after his car accident in March. He's healthy now, and deserves it more than anyone else.

I wouldn't be against Minter as the 8th inning guy and let him continue to prove he is back to being solid and if so then put him back in closer if we don't find one via trade thats lights out or Swar stumbles.    Now on that note i liked Ynoa today that kid has some electric stuff in that arm and i haven't been keeping tabs on him in the minors.  From what i seen he was a starter and had some bad innings that led to his high era.  But in bullpen duty his stuff could be very good and if today is any sign of it i like what i see going forward from him.  You know the minor league stuff better than most ppl i know what do you know and think about him in the bullpen and do you like him at all.

17 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I wouldn't be against Minter as the 8th inning guy and let him continue to prove he is back to being solid and if so then put him back in closer if we don't find one via trade thats lights out or Swar stumbles.    Now on that note i liked Ynoa today that kid has some electric stuff in that arm and i haven't been keeping tabs on him in the minors.  From what i seen he was a starter and had some bad innings that led to his high era.  But in bullpen duty his stuff could be very good and if today is any sign of it i like what i see going forward from him.  You know the minor league stuff better than most ppl i know what do you know and think about him in the bullpen and do you like him at all.

Ynoa was babied with the Twins. Spent three seasons in rookie ball before we got him. He is only 21, but with his clock being accelerated because of those years, we dont have the luxury to just sit him in high A and let him grow. We are pushing him to see how he responds and to see if he is worth a 40 man spot, or if he is just a trade chip. High ceiling, but we have to make too many decisions this upcoming year for the 40 man. 

It was kinda the same deal with Ricardo Sanchez last year. Young guy with promise, but we just couldnt justify him on the 40 man, and now he is pitching well in AA for Seattle.

I would imagine that we are showcasing Ynoa as a trade chip for the deadline, unless he just continues to show out as a reliever.