Grade your teams draft night

NYRaider

Sekou Douyoumba (15th) -  The Pascal Siakam comparison is lazy but accurate imo, at worst I think we're seeing someone like Al-Farouq Aminu. I think Siakam is who he's going to turn into. Good feet for a post player, little outside game, He'll be able to give Blake a lot less minutes and responsibility next season. I'd like to play him in the G-league for a year, but, I think he'll be too good to stash and Pistons will play him behind Blake. He should help keep Blake healthy by playing a lot of minutes(20-25mins). A good owner would look to move Blake if Douyoumba proves to be any type of quality. I think Portland would be in serous consideration for Blake if he's made available at the deadline. 

Deividas Sirvydis (37th) - Traded back with Cleveland(for cash and 3 future 2ndrdp), then moved up with Dallas, Think I would of rather just stayed and picked Porter Jr. but word on the web is this kid can shoot, shoot well, is smart and has a good shot to make the NBA without being a great athelete. I think we're seeing a ceiling of someone like Kyle Krover/Mike Miller and a floor of someone like Kyle Singler. Might look great if he turns into a 3 point threat/sniper off the bench and we netted some future 2nd rdp's while securing him. Won't surprise me to see him stay in Europe a year, or come over and play in the G-league. Transition year for the young fella. 

Jordan Bone (57th) - Good player, imo, that was picked too low. He's got some Jarrett Jack/Ish Smith/Monte Morris in him. I think he can play for the Pistons this year but they've signed him to a two-way deal and look to be planning on developing him in Grand Rapids. Questions about his strength, length, and ability to actually run a teams offense. I think he'll answer all those questions early in the G-league and ends up as the Pistons back-up by January. 

I'm not flipping my chair over, but it's a good draft imo for the Pistons. Solid B. Pistons drafted guys that can come in and help the team for a long time but aren't exactly game changing All-stars. Might take time, they aren't day 1 starters imo. 

* The most important thing as a Pistons fan at this point... Is to hope and pray Pistons can move/trade Andre Drummond and/or don't resign him. I don't think Reggie Jackson can be moved, so hopefully after this season they just let him walk and don't resign him. These guys are a complete disaster here and the fans, for the most part, hate these two players except for literally the diehards/crazy's(imo.) Fans have a real hard time relating to these guys. They would be better off in different situations imo. *

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 1:44 PM, The LBC said:

B/B+ for the Clippers.

I really like what the players bring to the table.  Kabengele provides a really nice complement to Harrell and Zubac, and though he's still raw, he's really toolsy, from what I can see.  My only knock on this pick was that we felt we had to trade up into the 1st to pull it off.  If we'd have been able to snag MK at the top of the 2nd (no knowing whether or not that would have been possible, but given that he's not a true 7-footer and that Brooklyn seemed to like Claxon enough to take him 5 picks later) and not have the cap-hold involved with 1st round picks affecting our available space this summer, I'd have been over the moon.  Pure conjecture here, but we still have enough space to max Kawhi if he want to come and to bring in Horford (he's coming west IMO, it's just a matter of whether it's us, the Lakers, or the Kangs), but that's not a scenario I'm particularly confident in happening.

Terance Mann was as good as can be expected for where we were picking in the 2nd.  Underrated strength with room to grow still and a solid defender with good length and, like MK, a quality pick-and-pop shooter, which we fits us (and could definitely be argued was an area we needed to improve on) well.

Kabengele would've been an easy lottery pick if he was 19. He's not as raw as people think, but he's not a modern skilled stretch 4.

Mann has everything you look for in a basketball player except he doesn't have a developed scoring game. He handles the ball, passes, defends, rebounds, slashes to the basket, and finishes at high-very high level. Also a great basketball IQ.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 7:25 AM, bigben07MVP said:

Cavs - A-

Darius Garland - A-  - We went BPA and you can’t be mad about that. We will see how Sexton and Garland look on the floor together but we need all the scoring and playmaking we can get.

Dylan Windler - B - Really hurts that Nasir Little went 1 pick ahead of us as I feel he would have been a better fit for what we need (defense). Windler could be a Gordon Heyward/Kyle Korver hybrid if he hits his ceiling though.

Kevin Porter Jr - A - Love the aggressiveness to give up a bunch of future 2nds to come back in the 1st round and grab him. Ceiling is Harden, Floor is Swaggy P.

Overall we took a bunch of guys that will fit JB’s system, can shoot, and can be molded. We will be a lot more exciting to watch this year but we may have a historically bad defense. I’m ok with that, if we are going to be a lottery team we might as well be fun to watch.

That Windler cat looking nice vs Spurs in SL right now