FF Big Big Brother 8: Finn wins! Postgame show NOW

Malfatron

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I don't think he stayed loyal to me at all. It isn't a factor in my vote, but still.

Didn’t you already vote though?

Also, not only was Finn loyal to everyone he made SERIOUS agreements with, he was so blatant about exactly who he was going for.  To make it this far while so freely outlining his targets and not doing any of the behind the scenes politics was impressive.

I swore he could never win while playing like this or even make it this far, but he did.  How he did what he did is impressive to me.  He basically Rambo’d this game. 

Naz did some impressive things, too, but Finn just went nuts.

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Didn’t you already vote though?

Also, not only was Finn loyal to everyone he made SERIOUS agreements with, he was so blatant about exactly who he was going for.  To make it this far while so freely outlining his targets and not doing any of the behind the scenes politics was impressive.

I swore he could never win while playing like this or even make it this far, but he did.  How he did what he did is impressive to me.  He basically Rambo’d this game. 

Naz did some impressive things, too, but Finn just went nuts.

No, I haven't voted. 

I've already explained in detail the issues I have with Finn's end game. The roadblock I'm running into now is that after thinking he was indeed Rambo in the early game, his answers are making me think he didn't have as much of a grasp of the early game as I had been giving him credit for. 

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Now, questions for @Nazgul:

- What was your overall strategy this game?

- How does this differ from previous strategies you've employed?

- What was your policy on creating alliances with others? Did you openly engage to create these alliances or did you wait for the alliances to come to you? When you had conflicts of interests between others, how did you choose to internally resolve them?

My initial goal was to survive past the first eviction this time, lol. When I went to the Finals of BB4, I lost because I "didn't have enough agency." When I went to the Finals of BB6, I had the agency but lost because apparently you can't lie and back-stab everyone on your way there (who would have thought?). So my focus this game was to improve that flaw; my social game. I had more messages sent and received this game than all of my previous games combined. I was working angles hard to try and make people forget the Naz that had won "Best Villain" during my very first time playing. I tried to win challenges. I didn't purposely lose so many early. But I credit the social game I had working for keeping me safe during many of these weeks. My social game kept me when I lost the F4 Veto. And it got me the final HoH when Outpost agreed to concede. That can't be understated.

I played BB4 a bit scared. My main allies JBURGE and Dwight had been voted out early and I relied on them (especially Jburge) to carry the weight of my social game for me. That by JBurge simply being on my side - he would keep me safe via his social game. So I played a non-threatening game where I won a couple of timely challenges and got to the end. I played mercilessly in BB6 from the F7 onwards. I wasn't too much of a threat before F7 - but I made it known to everyone that I was a snake. I won nearly every competition from F7 until the end. I would stab you in the back. In the front. It didn't matter as long as I got to where I had to go. I got to the finals but was embarrassed with a unanimous loss. I was so brutal and ruthless that a year later I was voted out first in BB7. No one wanted to deal with me. So I have had to change course again. I couldn't lie and weasel myself to the end again. No one would accept that from me, and the second I tried something like that I would be out of the house. I had to earn trust. I had to actually be loyal. And that wasn't easy for me. That's a complete 180 from how I've ever played before.

I have a very clear policy about alliances; I never say no. If a potential ally comes up to me needing help with a vote or anything... Naz has their back. Even if I don't. Saying no just ostracizes yourself from a potential future need. Whether that need is safety, a vote, a veto usage, etc. I had a lot of alliances come to me. And I also approached some myself when I needed to. So if I am approached - I say yes 100% of the time. When I reach out about an alliance I am more selective because it's usually out of necessity on my end - like when I laid out my game to Flux and promised a F2 with him. If Flux tells me no, that's he sticking with Outpost/ET - I'm dead in the water right then and there. I also try to be strategic with my thread play, dropping hints about how I can be a useful ally or a useful vote every now and again. My hopes there are that someone thinks of me as a possible ally who hadn't thought of me at all before.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

- Tell me something good about @FinneasGage's game

- Tell me something about @Outpost31's game (because it could have been him here).

- Tell me something good about @Adrenaline_Flux game.

Finn is sneaky good. He did win 4 HoHs and got a lot of the BDL out of the game early. He's also very loyal to those who are loyal to him. I believe he's said that if your 100% loyal he's with you but if you're 95% loyal he's out. I think Finn does an exceptional job of being good at the game and yet still being under the radar. Which is very hard to accomplish. There were a couple of times when (via conversations with others), I caught him saying he had commitments or deals with someone despite it not being true and telling me the same thing about someone else. It can be convincing. So Finn has a keen awareness of game and social play and has a good balance of the two. You always feel like he's genuine with you.

Outposts' impatience is his major shortcoming. Besides that he's a great competitor. He'll beat you in a challenge soundly and would have had enough confidence to warn you about the beating you were going to take. So good at comps. Also confidence - which can't go ignored. But his strongest asset is definitely his loyalty. I have played twice with Outpost and both games he had unwavering support for his #1. It's not easy to break up that kind of pair that has blind faith in one another. I think what Outpost is best at though is controlling the scene with his social game. He's great at making a play without actually making it? If that makes sense. He will convince people to do something or vote  a certain way all without compromising his previous deals or alliances. 

Flux was hard for me to place for the longest part of the game. But I think Flux is a bold player. He's willing to play for himself and make a move when it benefits him. I've played this game every season since BB3 and I hadn't found a single ally who was willing to make noise. Most just want to lay low and let the game pass them by. And I hate that. Once I started working with Flux in this game I realized why he had won before and why he had made it so far here; he's good at balancing multiple deals at once. I had no idea of his other dealings. He made me feel like I was his clear cut #1. And maybe I was. And maybe I wasn't. But it's a skill to make someone comfortable in a game meant to induce anxiety at every turn. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

If I'm being 100% honest, I think you both have done a meh job answering jury questions. One of you has been coming off as pandering half the time and one of you has been actively discrediting his own game. 

i'm just answering the questions, i'm not painting any pictures. i want this win over nazgul. it's not a diss and you know what i mean, when i say his win would feel like the BDL guy that won last year to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, FinneasGage said:

you lied to me. i wasn't "loyal" to you after i got that inclination. 

You lied to me plenty of times before and after that. You keep using me voting out Dwight as an excuse even though it was on an HOH where you had made noms without even consulting anyone.

I don't hold you lying or trying to play the game against you. I do take issue with the idea of you having played the clean game Outpost claims and I have issue with you not just owning playing the game.

Just now, FinneasGage said:

i'm just answering the questions, i'm not painting any pictures. i want this win over nazgul. it's not a diss and you know what i mean, when i say his win would feel like the BDL guy that won last year to me. 

No worries. As aforementioned I appreciate the honesty and candidness. Just saying my thoughts while trying to land on a decision.

4 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

The roadblock I'm running into now is that after thinking he was indeed Rambo in the early game, his answers are making me think he didn't have as much of a grasp of the early game as I had been giving him credit for. 

your questions and statements confuse tf out of me tbh. i don't know what you're even insinuating or getting at 

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

No, I haven't voted. 

I've already explained in detail the issues I have with Finn's end game. The roadblock I'm running into now is that after thinking he was indeed Rambo in the early game, his answers are making me think he didn't have as much of a grasp of the early game as I had been giving him credit for. 

You’ve got two styles here:

1. Nazgul admits to laying low.  Not doing nothing, but laying low.

2. Finn saying exactly what he’s going to do by going after 3,4,5 strong in BDL... and doing it.  

Which one is more impressive is obvious to me.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You’ve got two styles here:

1. Nazgul admits to laying low.  Not doing nothing, but laying low.

2. Finn saying exactly what he’s going to do by going after 3,4,5 strong in BDL... and doing it.  

Which one is more impressive is obvious to me.

Those are (mostly) accurate if we are only looking at pre-jury, sure.

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

You lied to me plenty of times before and after that. You keep using me voting out Dwight as an excuse even though it was on an HOH where you had made noms without even consulting anyone.

I don't hold you lying or trying to play the game against you. I do take issue with the idea of you having played the clean game Outpost claims and I have issue with you not just owning playing the game.

what do you think i lied to you about? 

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

HOH where you had made noms without even consulting anyone

yeah this definitely gives the "he acts irrationally without considering anything" crowd a point. i challenged nazgul and dwight to do something fun and both declined, so i acted impulsively and nommed them, when that wasn't the initial plan.