FF Big Big Brother 8: Finn wins! Postgame show NOW

Malfatron

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Those are (mostly) accurate if we are only looking at pre-jury, sure.

post-jury things changed as i was wronged by mission (or so i was led to believe). i called my victory in diary session. i said i was going to win and evict mission. my game didn't change. i called my shots throughout. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

yeah this definitely gives the "he acts irrationally without considering anything" crowd a point. i challenged nazgul and dwight to do something fun and both declined, so i acted impulsively and nommed them, when that wasn't the initial plan. 

And then you got upset with me for voting out one of your impulse noms to the point where you started pushing me away.

Do you understand the irony there?

post-jury things changed as i was wronged by mission (or so i was led to believe). i called my victory in diary session. i said i was going to win and evict mission. my game didn't change. i called my shots throughout. 

After that though, it really seems like you just coasted to the end despite yourself. Everyone was trying to work with you and get you to the end and you were actively pushing away almost all of them. That is not good gameplay and is what makes this difficult.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

And then you got upset with me for voting out one of your impulse noms to the point where you started pushing me away.

Do you understand the irony there?

it was the fact i knew you did it and you didn't own it. that's what led me to believe you weren't prioritizing working with me. i knew you were working with ET, who's like a direct counterpart of mine, so it became a situation where i thought i couldn't trust you. 

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

After that though, it really seems like you just coasted to the end despite yourself. Everyone was trying to work with you and get you to the end and you were actively pushing away almost all of them. That is not good gameplay and is what makes this difficult.

towards the end i was mostly surrounded by people i thought had played impure games. it led me to creating an alliance with nazgul. can make a strong argument if i didn't push everyone away, i wouldn't have found someone pure that actually had my back in nazgul. 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

it was the fact i knew you did it and you didn't own it. that's what led me to believe you weren't prioritizing working with me. i knew you were working with ET, who's like a direct counterpart of mine, so it became a situation where i thought i couldn't trust you. 

but you said before that you weren't sure if I had actually done it or not, so that's not true at all. There was doubt but you even have said you tried giving me the benefit of the doubt. You still worked with me, but you did push me away. It was the Pickle vote where you started acting very cold and not responding.

All of this is beside the point though. You can't claim undying loyalty if you were so quick to push me away for such a small reason. Especially when you didnt seem to really care considering the noms themselves were impulse noms anyway.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

1. Who did you work the hardest to evict and why?

2. Who did you work the hardest to save and why? 

3. If you could replace yourself with anyone in the game (from the very beginning) thus allowing them an opportunity to win, who would it be and why? 

4. Explain why you think your opposition dererves to win and deserves to lose? 

Definitely worked the hardest to evict ET.

If I messed that HoH up then I had compromised my only alliance in the house for nothing. I would have drawn the ire of ET and his alliance from that point forward. And I would have had a very hard time advancing my game. I was very worried about ET winning the Veto and ruining everything for me.

Besides the ET vote I did try and swing deals to keep Dwight (which didn't end up happening). I knew Dwight was a number on my side. So unless he wanted to nominate me for the lol's and forgo any Christmas presents this year - I figured I was safe from him. I probably worked the hardest to save Finn though. And this wasn't because it was Finn, but because it was the opposite of what ET wanted. This could have been yourself, Whicker, Counselor.. anyone. And I would have worked hard to save them to give myself a number rather than ET getting another one. I already thought he had the whole house. I couldn't risk him getting another.

By proxy of being my ally for the longest - probably ET. But I'm going to pick Outpost. Let's not act like my promise to him and breaking it instantly afterwards wasn't a bold but ****ty move for me to do. That was a competition that had he stayed, he would have had a legit chance of winning. And I took that chance and pulled the rug out from under his feet.

And Finn deserves to win because he played a solid game. He had agency early with his HoH wins. He was very open and bold about what he wanted to do - and he did them. He was able to escape being such a loud voice and became not so big of a target. He gave himself a chance to play bold early and strategic late. That's not something a lot of people could have survived.

I also think I deserve to win over Finn because despite winning those HoH's... he didn't do much to sway the game one way or another from the F9 onwards. Despite having a chance to redefine his game, Finn was content on being a bottom-feeder. Intentional or not - he didn't win at the end. He was saved simply because he was a number that I felt I needed to get further. While I was working to change my fortunes and place in an alliance and working deals with Outpost and with Flux to get further... Finn was just... kind of there tagging along for the ride. I openly admit my early game leaves something to be desired if you're someone who wants competition wins and thread arrogance. But I kicked my game into second gear post-Jury phase. That's when I won 2 Vetos to save myself. When I won both of my HoHs and evicted ET and Outpost. Finn won one competition post-Jury and he didn't even get a say in who went home that week because it was the Veto winner that mattered. So he deserves to lose because he lost steam. He became a cog in the wheel instead of the wheel itself.

towards the end i was mostly surrounded by people i thought had played impure games. it led me to creating an alliance with nazgul. can make a strong argument if i didn't push everyone away, i wouldn't have found someone pure that actually had my back in nazgul. 

I had your back lol

And lol. Your game isn't pure, man. You've admitted to ET about purposely guilt tripping people and you've admitted to making things personal not necessarily even for the sake of the game, but just for entertainment. I don't take personal issue with that, but it is far from pure.

Honestly, this Coach-esque attitude is just rubbing me the wrong way.

Also - I admit to not playing a 100% honest game. I don't think doing so is possible.
I had too many people approach me about votes and what not to always be telling the truth. 
I don't consider lies about votes as critical lies.

My major lie was evicting Outpost. I absolutely deserve the flak about dishonesty there.
But this is a game that only one person wins. My loyalty is to one person only - me.
Loyalty to me doesn't mean loyalty to you if my game is in jeopardy by staying loyal. 
I would jump ship in a heartbeat if I needed to. I don't think that part about my game has ever been a secret though.

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

but you said before that you weren't sure if I had actually done it or not, so that's not true at all. There was doubt but you even have said you tried giving me the benefit of the doubt. You still worked with me, but you did push me away. It was the Pickle vote where you started acting very cold and not responding.

All of this is beside the point though. You can't claim undying loyalty if you were so quick to push me away for such a small reason. Especially when you didnt seem to really care considering the noms themselves were impulse noms anyway.

i was pretty sure you did it man, it was the only thing that made sense. immediately after that i assumed you had an alliance that was a bigger priority/you were more loyal to. 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You’ve got two styles here:

1. Nazgul admits to laying low.  Not doing nothing, but laying low.

Sure. You can put it like this - but I don't think it's fundamentally true.

I didn't win competitions. I admit to trying and losing multiple times though.
Saying I was laying low makes it seem like I was huddled in a corner, holding a bible, and praying for my BB life.

I was active behind the scenes. Just because Julie didn't publicly exclaim that I was HoH doesn't mean I wasn't trying to keep myself safe from those that were.
Game isn't always surface level. So I am not sure why my early game is being dragged for this and Finn's endgame isn't.

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I had your back lol

And lol. Your game isn't pure, man. You've admitted to ET about purposely guilt tripping people and you've admitted to making things personal not necessarily even for the sake of the game, but just for entertainment. I don't take personal issue with that, but it is far from pure.

Honestly, this Coach-esque attitude is just rubbing me the wrong way.

it didn't seem like it to me. i didn't believe it. 

i'm saying "impure" to me. like they weren't being 100% truthful to me. i say a lot of **** without thinking very much. like you said, i've said what i said about my game. i haven't claimed to have been clean of sin. it was never prior to me losing faith in someone. 

i'm not a coach of anything 

• Like 1

i was pretty sure you did it man, it was the only thing that made sense. immediately after that i assumed you had an alliance that was a bigger priority/you were more loyal to. 

Nope. 

I've told you before that there are times when I may have to do things you don't like, but that I'm not going to do something directly against you. My three priorities up to that point had been you, ET, and Pickle with you at #1. You were my #1 preference and default in loyalty up until Naz and I started working together. I gave you every opportunity to still work together, and the only thing you did was push me toward Naz.