Jaguars name 2017 captains

.Buzz

Looks good to me.  Went with obvious leaders that are pretty apparent even to us fans, but nothing wrong with that.  Yay Captain Telvin!

Only thing that's slightly unusual to me is Poz, considering how much he'll theoretically be on the sidelines in common packages if they run the LBers the way they talked about.  But he's still pretty clearly a key leader and heart and soul guy on that defense.  So it's not hard to see why or anything.  I guess he can be captain of the Sidelines Unit.  xD  

18 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Looks good to me.  Went with obvious leaders that are pretty apparent even to us fans, but nothing wrong with that.  Yay Captain Telvin!

Only thing that's slightly unusual to me is Poz, considering how much he'll theoretically be on the sidelines in common packages if they run the LBers the way they talked about.  But he's still pretty clearly a key leader and heart and soul guy on that defense.  So it's not hard to see why or anything.  I guess he can be captain of the Sidelines Unit.  xD  

Let me go ahead an captain this bench real quick. Make sure the players know where to sit and where not to sit. Make sure the next guy up is ready too. I'm sure Poz will be great in that role. 

18 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Only thing that's slightly unusual to me is Poz, considering how much he'll theoretically be on the sidelines in common packages if they run the LBers the way they talked about.

Tenure captain. Mostly a respect thing. But yes, the idea of a captain being on the bench in base packages seems a bit silly.

I’m mostly curious who is getting the dot on their helmet. It should probably be Telvin, but I’m still not sure how they plan to handle it.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

Tenure captain. Mostly a respect thing. But yes, the idea of a captain being on the bench in base packages seems a bit silly.

I’m mostly curious who is getting the dot on their helmet. It should probably be Telvin, but I’m still not sure how they plan to handle it.

Myles Jack had it during the preseason. 

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

Yeah, same.  I'm assuming like @.Buzz said, it'll be Jack like the preseason, but i'm very curious.

I almost wouldn't want Telvin having that extra responsibility tbh.  Rather just let him line up and play loose and instinctive where he's at his best and not worry about what every other goof around him is doing wrong.  But he is the LBer who i think we can most confidently say is always going to be on the field.

Archived