Bowhunters Thread

WizardHawk

Well just shot for the first time and i had one arrow go high and lost it in the leafs, another one hit the target but when i went to pull it out the broad head was gone, and a third one get stuck into the board i was using to hold up the target.

I bought a bow about 25 years ago and went to the range a couple times.  It was a lot of fun but I ended up losing interest because I didn't know anyone else who was into it.  I still have the bow - just need to get a new string for it.  I wouldn't mind going down south and doing some pig hunting one of these days after I retire and have the time.

Do you guys use sights, or do you just shoot without the sights?  I know the sights can make you very accurate, but I've always liked the idea of learning to shoot without them.  The reason being, what if you are out in the woods and your sights come loose?   I don't know if it's a realistic goal, but I would like to get so I could put an arrow into a fairly small circle from different ranges and not have to think about the sights.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Do you guys use sights, or do you just shoot without the sights?  I know the sights can make you very accurate, but I've always liked the idea of learning to shoot without them.  The reason being, what if you are out in the woods and your sights come loose?   I don't know if it's a realistic goal, but I would like to get so I could put an arrow into a fairly small circle from different ranges and not have to think about the sights.

I want to get to the point of not using sights and not using a compound bow. But for now i use sights.

Archived