Bowhunters Thread

WizardHawk

Got to be a few bow hunters around here.  If not, you need to start. 

Tips. General info. Likes and dislikes. Suggestions.  

Up until last year I was using a Browning Mirage I bought back in "06. It was reliable, but definitely dated. Last Spring I ended up buying a Diamond Carbon Cure. Really nice bow overall. But, the more I shot it, the more I noticed it was really too light (3.3lb) for my liking. I have since handed it off to my son and am now on the market for another one and have decided to take plunge on high end bow. Any suggestions? Thus far I've only tested a Martin Firecat and Hellfire. Liked both, though the Hellfire is getting a little heavier than I want at 4.75 lbs. Hope to check out a Reign 6 soon. Have been reading very good reviews.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

After i get some time in with a bow id like to try and get a no bells and whistles recurve but for now I definitely need all the bells and whistles i can get.

On 9/26/2017 at 6:14 PM, eagles101 said:

I was just suprised with my first bow. Season starts sunday but im hoping i can get it dialed in Friday. It was used but in good shape. Tried to shoot it but the draw is way to long and i sent an arrow into the woods missing the target by 5 feet. 

What did you get?

23 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Don't have the money for one yet buy when I do gonna buy my first bow around the $200. Not sure if I want a recurve or a compound.

I would definitely go with a compound for numerous reasons. Accuracy. Durability. 

21 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

If you're going to buy, I'd recommend saving a little more and getting a bow that you can adjust as you gain more experience. For $150 dollars more BassPro has their BlackOut model. Quality bow.. http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/blackout-intrigue-compound-bow-package All the name brand stores have models like this. 

Archived