Justin Murphy and the Houston Cougars

NateDawg

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Shots fired for sure.  Whoever let them schedule that many games in such a short time frame should be fired.  That should never happen.   One good point amongst so many others.  

eh disagree...cant do anything about the OU game being moved to a sunday night on abc and tulane game being on a thursday and you might have a point about the wsu game should have been at tdecu stadium but advocare paid UH like a 1.7 million dollars to have the game there.

murphy is just butthurt and wanted to vent his frustrations out on twitter.  3rd school in 5 years for the kid.  i dont see how holgorsen is wrong.

also im tired of people keep saying UH is tanking,.  tanking requires losing on purpose in order to get a high draft pick.  last time i checked you dont get picks in college sports.  if UH was "tanking"  they would have lost 2 saturdays ago at north texas when north texas was favored.

Edited by Texansfan713

49 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

eh disagree...cant do anything about the OU game being moved to a sunday night on abc and tulane game being on a thursday and you might have a point about the wsu game should have been at tdecu stadium but advocare paid UH like a 1.7 million dollars to have the game there.

murphy is just butthurt and wanted to vent his frustrations out on twitter.  3rd school in 5 years for the kid.  i dont see how holgorsen is wrong.

also im tired of people keep saying UH is tanking,.  tanking requires losing on purpose in order to get a high draft pick.  last time i checked you dont get picks in college sports.  if UH was "tanking"  they would have lost 2 saturdays ago at north texas when north texas was favored.

NFL players complain enough about the quick turnarounds for Thursday Night Football, and you never see a team play Sunday night or Monday, and then turn around for TNF. Playing four games in 18 days with players who are in their late teens and early 20's is something that should be governed by the NCAA to protect the players.  

Houston is essentially punting on their season by redshirting King and a few others.  That's what they mean by tanking for college football, since everything is going to not draw a direct parallel for college.  Personally, Holgerson is playing a dangerous game, because all King needs to do now is enter the transfer portal and you've wasted this season for nothing.  And I bet you there are a couple coaches (Lincoln Riley) who would line up for him.

I don’t doubt that this kid is probably a little bit of drama considering that he was on his third team.  Some of the kid’s quotes from the coach come without a context, so there are certainly two sides to this. But this article doesn’t exactly paint the new coach or the culture of the team at the moment in the greatest light. Seems to me that there is fault on both sides, and the schedule is obviously an issue as well.

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

NFL players complain enough about the quick turnarounds for Thursday Night Football, and you never see a team play Sunday night or Monday, and then turn around for TNF. Playing four games in 18 days with players who are in their late teens and early 20's is something that should be governed by the NCAA to protect the players.  

Houston is essentially punting on their season by redshirting King and a few others.  That's what they mean by tanking for college football, since everything is going to not draw a direct parallel for college.  Personally, Holgerson is playing a dangerous game, because all King needs to do now is enter the transfer portal and you've wasted this season for nothing.  And I bet you there are a couple coaches (Lincoln Riley) who would line up for him.

the season is a wash anyway. it's not a "wasted season".  corbin and king could play and it would still be the same result.  people should blame the ncaa changing the redshirt rule.  dana is using it to it's advantage and i wouldnt be shocked if other schools do the same thing as well.

once again there is no such thing as tanking in college sports.  also OU has their QBOTF on their roster right now.  i bet he would be pissed if king came there to start in front of him.

Edited by Texansfan713