MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

Yeah it's tough to find buyout candidates that would even get into our rotation. Just looking at the different teams that may actually utilize the buyouts, we're talking CLE, NYK, PHX, ATL, CHI, and MEM maybe.

CLE: Alec Burks, Rodney Hood, David Nwaba
-None of those guys are getting into the rotation.
NYK: Wes Matthews, Mario Hezonja
-Matthews is going to be highly sought after and want a larger role, Hezonja sucks
PHX: Nobody
CHI: Nobody
MEM: Garrett Temple maybe?
-I don't think Temple gets in the rotation either.

MIL is hard to improve because the 9th-11th guys on the roster are actually pretty good. The only spots you could really improve would be like the fifth string C lol

Yep. I'd like to add another stretch big like Dedmon the most. If we can pull something like that off, beautiful. If not, we're still insanely good. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yep. I'd like to add another stretch big like Dedmon the most. If we can pull something like that off, beautiful. If not, we're still insanely good. 

I've long had a crush on Dedmon, so I'd be alright with that. I'm still not super sure when he plays in a playoff series. I think DJ Wilson has basically become the backup C at this point and I think I'd rather have him than Dedmon. I mean, maybe against PHI you can use Dedmon. Either way, if we could get him on a buyout, that'd be totally fine. Not sure I'd even give up a 2nd for him though.

I've long had a crush on Dedmon, so I'd be alright with that. I'm still not super sure when he plays in a playoff series. I think DJ Wilson has basically become the backup C at this point and I think I'd rather have him than Dedmon. I mean, maybe against PHI you can use Dedmon. Either way, if we could get him on a buyout, that'd be totally fine. Not sure I'd even give up a 2nd for him though.

I'll give up the 2nd for him if it gets us out of Ersan's contract. He's washed. 

3 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Why would ATL do that?

To get Thon as well perhaps? Hell, I think they'd do Ersan and that 2020 Wizards 2nd for Dedmon. They aren't getting a better deal for Dedmon than an early 2nd nor will Ersan's $7 Million really affect them next year.

Edited by beekay414

To get Thon as well perhaps? Hell, I think they'd do Ersan and that 2020 Wizards 2nd for Dedmon. They aren't getting a better deal for Dedmon than an early 2nd nor will Ersan's $7 Million really affect them next year.

I guess I just think taking on that 7M is worth more than a meh 2nd rounder. ATL should be looking to take on massive bad contracts for first round picks, and the opportunity cost of taking on Ersan's 7M could hinder their ability to do that.

I guess I just think taking on that 7M is worth more than a meh 2nd rounder. ATL should be looking to take on massive bad contracts for first round picks, and the opportunity cost of taking on Ersan's 7M could hinder their ability to do that.

I don't think it does. They are looking at like $50 Million in cap space as it is. To get a (basically) 1 year/$7 Million deal for an unprotected 2nd rounder of a, most likely, bad team? I think they can manage. 

I don't think it does. They are looking at like $50 Million in cap space as it is. To get a (basically) 1 year/$7 Million deal for an unprotected 2nd rounder of a, most likely, bad team? I think they can manage. 

oh jesus 50M. Yeah nvm. Yeah maybe an Ersan + 2nd for Dedmon deal could work. I'd at least make the phone call.

Yep, and that's with Bazemore and Plumlee's contracts. Trae Young's $6 Million is their next biggest deal.

Yeah, if I'm ATL I'm trying to take on everyone's bad salary. Brandon Knight, Gorgui Dieng, Evan Turner, (whispers) Otto Porter Jr

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Would it be 

Sf giannis

Pf davis

C lopeZ

?

Lopez would go to the bench if he was still on the roster. PF Giannis C Davis.

In the end this is all for naught. MIL can't get involved, they don't have any valuable assets non-Giannis division.