MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

My takes on Donte DiVincenzo

Pros
- Can get his shot off at any moment off the dribble. Doesn't matter if he's going left or right.
- Excellent first step off the pass. Can blow by defenders on close outs with ease.
- Solid in catch and shoot. No hesitation when he decides to pull the trigger.
- Excellent in the pick and pop scenario. As mentioned above, zero hesitation when he decides to pull.
- Unlimited range. Has shown he can hit far outside the 3pt arch.
- Tough finisher. Can finish in traffic with either hand through contact.
- Explosive two footed leaper when he has time to load up.
- Nonstop motor. Kid just gives it his all every second. Relentless.

Cons
- Not as explosive off one foot. More of a below the rim finisher than a dunker. 
- Tweener. Is he quick enough laterally to guard ones and is he big enough to guard twos?
- Free Throw shooting. Career 70% FT shooter. 
- Turnovers. Sloppy with ball due to loose dribble.
- Has good decision making and vision but isn't a shot creator by any means. Will have trouble beating NBA defenders off the dribble.

All in all, I think we could've done much, much worse at 17. DD has everything we were looking for pre-draft so the pick made total sense. Wasn't super happy with it due to having Huerter and Okobo on the board but DD is a friggin' gamer, works hard and is going to fit in extremely well with Giannis. Didn't list it as a pro or con due to hesitation but I'm not sure how good or bad he is in the PnR. He never really passed to a roll man at Nova. It was usually a pick and pop scenario or pick and swing/drive. Same thing with his on-ball defense. There are things he excels at and things he needs work on. Hard to project his defense right now. Kid tries his damnedest and is a high IQ player so I trust him to get it.

Did I miss anything @utley4568?

Edited by bkobow05

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Thoughts on Brandon Jennings at $2.2 Million? If he's not waived by July 1st, the contract becomes fully guaranteed. 

He's absolutely terrible, so no. He had one good game and aside from that was utterly atrocious. Shot 27% from 3. Was a -12 per 100 possessions, and had a BPM of -3.8. IT'S HARD TO BE BAD ENOUGH TO BE A -3.8! He's a defensive disaster and a sub-replacement level offensive player. I'd rather just roll with the guards we have and give some G-Leaguer with a decent 3-point shot a 2-way instead of wasting money on Jennings.

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

He's absolutely terrible, so no. He had one good game and aside from that was utterly atrocious. Shot 27% from 3. Was a -12 per 100 possessions, and had a BPM of -3.8. IT'S HARD TO BE BAD ENOUGH TO BE A -3.8! He's a defensive disaster and a sub-replacement level offensive player. I'd rather just roll with the guards we have and give some G-Leaguer with a decent 3-point shot a 2-way instead of wasting money on Jennings.

Pretty much how I feel. I'd much rather have a rookie on a smaller deal. I'd take a shot on someone like Marcus Foster or Keenan Evans at the end of the bench than pay BJ that money.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Pretty much how I feel. I'd much rather have a rookie on a smaller deal. I'd take a shot on someone like Marcus Foster or Keenan Evans at the end of the bench than pay BJ that money.

I'd imagine he was given that non-guaranteed deal so MIL can use him as salary filler to match salaries if they wanted to do something in the next two weeks.

Just now, rcon14 said:

I'd imagine he was given that non-guaranteed deal so MIL can use him as salary filler to match salaries if they wanted to do something in the next two weeks.

Yeah but, as I said, that contract becomes fully guaranteed on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah but, as I said, that contract becomes fully guaranteed on Sunday.

oh I didn't even realize that. Then you just have to waive him. Also, what an incredibly stupid move by Horst. Jennings had zero leverage. Make his guarantee date August 1st.

2 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

oh I didn't even realize that. Then you just have to waive him. Also, what an incredibly stupid move by Horst. Jennings had zero leverage. Make his guarantee date August 1st.

Yeah, I couldn't find anything online that corroborated but it was in this article ...

The $2.2 million Brandon Jennings contract will be guaranteed if he is not waived by July 1.