Baltimore Ravens @ Seattle Seahawks - Week 7

showtime

Another tough matchup for the Seahawks this week as the Ravens travel to Seattle.  The Ravens are 4-2 and boast a quality defense as well as an offensive that features dynamic playmakers.  As I kind of say every week, I'm worried about Seattle's secondary.  Big plays can be had, but they've done a good job forcing turnovers.  Lamar Jackson is having a pretty year season thus far and he's extremely scary running with the football.  Hollywood Brown is going to have to be someone the secondary focuses on containing or he can make some huge plays.  Brown is injured, but he's day-to-day with an ankle injury.  Will Dissly is out for the season, we all just learned.  That's a pretty big blow to the Seahawks offense.  Russell Wilson has been playing at an MVP level this season and Chris Carson is really starting to turn it on.  This is a big game to keep pace with the Niners and continue to hold off the Rams in the NFC West.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Another tough matchup for the Seahawks this week as the Ravens travel to Seattle.  The Ravens are 4-2 and boast a quality defense as well as an offensive that features dynamic playmakers.  As I kind of say every week, I'm worried about Seattle's secondary.  Big plays can be had, but they've done a good job forcing turnovers.  Lamar Jackson is having a pretty year season thus far and he's extremely scary running with the football.  Hollywood Brown is going to have to be someone the secondary focuses on containing or he can make some huge plays.  Brown is injured, but he's day-to-day with an ankle injury.  Will Dissly is out for the season, we all just learned.  That's a pretty big blow to the Seahawks offense.  Russell Wilson has been playing at an MVP level this season and Chris Carson is really starting to turn it on.  This is a big game to keep pace with the Niners and continue to hold off the Rams in the NFC West.

The bolded part - you  haven't watched any of our games besides the Dolphins game then. This is a bad defense that has been fortunate to play sub par competition in the Dolphins, Kyler Murray in his second NFL game, 2019 Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph/Devlin 3. string QB can't remember his name and the injury riddled Bengals (Dalton did what he could and looked decent).
Ravens are without 6 starters on defense, and we are going to get killed once the radio in Wilsons helmet is cut off and he begins to throw.

Ravens can both run well and exploit a team through the air. Late teams have actually preferred to take away the passing game and let their front 4 with a LB spy on Lamar try to contain the Ravens run game that way. 

In all honesty, I want the Ravens to play a competitive game, but my guess is you guys will run us over, although you haven't really done it against other teams this year.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

The bolded part - you  haven't watched any of our games besides the Dolphins game then. This is a bad defense that has been fortunate to play sub par competition in the Dolphins, Kyler Murray in his second NFL game, 2019 Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph/Devlin 3. string QB can't remember his name and the injury riddled Bengals (Dalton did what he could and looked decent).
Ravens are without 6 starters on defense, and we are going to get killed once the radio in Wilsons helmet is cut off and he begins to throw.

Ravens can both run well and exploit a team through the air. Late teams have actually preferred to take away the passing game and let their front 4 with a LB spy on Lamar try to contain the Ravens run game that way. 

In all honesty, I want the Ravens to play a competitive game, but my guess is you guys will run us over, although you haven't really done it against other teams this year.

You're right.  I forgot about the Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield games for some reason.  I'm not sure why.  That was one of the few times this season Mayfield actually looked good, too haha.  My fault.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

You're right.  I forgot about the Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield games for some reason.  I'm not sure why.  That was one of the few times this season Mayfield actually looked good, too haha.  My fault.

If anything, the Seahawks approach with the run first offense might obstruct you guys from putting a beating on us. We are still somewhat stout against the run, and the aforementioned Browns game it was Chubb who put us away rather Mayfield .

It is especially the lack of pressure from our front 7, that will give Russel Wilson lots of time to carve us up

On 10/15/2019 at 6:55 AM, Danand said:

If anything, the Seahawks approach with the run first offense might obstruct you guys from putting a beating on us. We are still somewhat stout against the run, and the aforementioned Browns game it was Chubb who put us away rather Mayfield .

It is especially the lack of pressure from our front 7, that will give Russel Wilson lots of time to carve us up

How good are the Ravens at forcing fumbles?  Carson seemed to have fumbling problems the first few games of the season, but has cleared the up ever since.  How has Earl Thomas been for you guys?

12 hours ago, showtime said:

How good are the Ravens at forcing fumbles?  Carson seemed to have fumbling problems the first few games of the season, but has cleared the up ever since.  How has Earl Thomas been for you guys?

We had a great stint last year with "The Peanut Punch" and now the "Fruit Punch", refering to Patrick Onwuasor and Marlon Humphrey. Our forced fumbles both last year and this year have come at crucial times which might have led to more media hype. I believe we are actually fairly average at forcing fumbles - neither good or bad at it, but its a focus for especially our secondary. I don't think you have to fear fumbles particularly in this game.

Earl Thomas has been a little critisized, but that is mostly because we have had communication breakdowns in coverages, and he haven't played the single high role as much as he did in Seattle. I do believe he has played fairly well, he is used more as a blitzer and in short zone coverage than it is my impression he did with the Seahawks. Overall, he has not been bad but also haven't made a lot of splash plays yet. His best impact has been taking away first and second reads from QB's, but those plays rarely show up as a positive play, when the team get burned in coverage somewhere else.

I assume you guys will rush 4 and have maybe Bobby Wagner spy on Lamar and then play your zone coverage to take away the deep ball. If you do that and play balanced on offense, I have little doubt you will dominate this game. 

On 10/18/2019 at 2:37 AM, Danand said:

We had a great stint last year with "The Peanut Punch" and now the "Fruit Punch", refering to Patrick Onwuasor and Marlon Humphrey. Our forced fumbles both last year and this year have come at crucial times which might have led to more media hype. I believe we are actually fairly average at forcing fumbles - neither good or bad at it, but its a focus for especially our secondary. I don't think you have to fear fumbles particularly in this game.

Earl Thomas has been a little critisized, but that is mostly because we have had communication breakdowns in coverages, and he haven't played the single high role as much as he did in Seattle. I do believe he has played fairly well, he is used more as a blitzer and in short zone coverage than it is my impression he did with the Seahawks. Overall, he has not been bad but also haven't made a lot of splash plays yet. His best impact has been taking away first and second reads from QB's, but those plays rarely show up as a positive play, when the team get burned in coverage somewhere else.

I assume you guys will rush 4 and have maybe Bobby Wagner spy on Lamar and then play your zone coverage to take away the deep ball. If you do that and play balanced on offense, I have little doubt you will dominate this game. 

Good game bro.  Seattle made some uncharacteristic mistakes yesterday and the Ravens took full advantage of that.  You guys were definitely the better team yesterday. 

40 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

do you see Clowney being signed long term after the season? he seems to be exactly what the Ravens like for their Edge guys in primarily being able to set the edge against the run.

It's tough to say.  I'm sure he'll want a huge contract.  The book on him since he was in college is that he'll make amazing splash plays, but he's not consistently impactful.  Some team will sign him to a big deal, I'm just not sure it'll be Seattle.

• Like 1