PJ Williams suspended

Mid Iowa

PJ Williams has been suspended 2 games for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He'll be able to rejoin the team after the Cardinals game in 2 weeks.

In other news, every referee at involved in the Lions at Packers game last night were also stoned out of their minds, and are currently stoned, eating Twinkies and chuckling at Williams getting caught.

2 hours ago, Dome said:

PJ is an idiot.

In a contract year last season, got a DUI. Missed out on a long term deal.

In a contract year again this year, suspended for substance abuse and will now be in the program. 

He'll be gone after this season.

I thought this suspension is the direct consequence of the DUI?

Which would be odd calling it "substance abuse" when it would be more like "conduct detriment"......no?

30 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Correct. I just meant this one thing is likely going to cost him a long term deal here. It may have been once incident, but the issue has reared its ugly head twice because of the timing.

You knew he wasn’t getting a long term deal for this year after his DUI, and now that it’s been announced that it’s a full 2 game suspension and we know he’s in the NFL drug program so he’s a bit of a risk moving forward. That will play into the Saints thought process about what they want to pay this guy who is average at best. 

Which would be odd calling it "substance abuse" when it would be more like "conduct detriment"......no?

I’m not sure, but that’s what the league is calling it. I‘m assuming he was already in the program for his DUI after his final year of college eligibility and this bumped him to the next level in the program. He’ll be getting more frequent drug tests now which doesn’t appear to be an issue for him, unless he’s not allowed to be drinking then we just don’t know.

ESPN: The New Orleans Saints will be without their top nickel cornerback, P.J. Williams, for the next two weeks. He was suspended two games for violating the NFL's policy and program on substances of abuse, stemming from a January arrest.

Edited by Dome

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

There's a BIG word missed, here. "Of". The rule is "substance "of" abuse", not just "substance abuse", so I get why they're calling it that.

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Correct. I just meant this one thing is likely going to cost him a long term deal here. It may have been once incident, but the issue has reared its ugly head twice because of the timing.

You knew he wasn’t getting a long term deal for this year after his DUI, and now that it’s been announced that it’s a full 2 game suspension and we know he’s in the NFL drug program so he’s a bit of a risk moving forward. That will play into the Saints thought process about what they want to pay this guy who is average at best. 

I’m not sure, but that’s what the league is calling it. I‘m assuming he was already in the program for his DUI after his final year of college eligibility and this bumped him to the next level in the program. He’ll be getting more frequent drug tests now which doesn’t appear to be an issue for him, unless he’s not allowed to be drinking then we just don’t know.

I think we'll have to see how the front office deals with it, but it is his 2nd time being busted for alcohol. The first time was before the NFL had a policy against it, but the Saints brass doesn't have to follow these rules when considering a contract. This was clear back in January, and you know that the team knew about it. So how is he dealing with it now? I'm not sure, but hopefully the Saints know plenty enough to make the right move.

I hope the kid gets sobered up, and can fix this issue in his life.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

There's a BIG word missed, here. "Of". The rule is "substance "of" abuse", not just "substance abuse", so I get why they're calling it that.

I think we'll have to see how the front office deals with it, but it is his 2nd time being busted for alcohol. The first time was before the NFL had a policy against it, but the Saints brass doesn't have to follow these rules when considering a contract. This was clear back in January, and you know that the team knew about it. So how is he dealing with it now? I'm not sure, but hopefully the Saints know plenty enough to make the right move.

I hope the kid gets sobered up, and can fix this issue in his life.

Not THAT big a word, I mean it's only 2 letters long 🙄😂

Makes more sense now. Gracias amigo.