MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

4 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I heard a report Pettis turned down the fight, not a commission thing.

How the hell would they determine if someone is fit to go 5 rounds? Would Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson never fight in NY?

surprising, since he went through the work to cut and weigh in, surely if he was willing to do that he would have wanted the fight. Unless that 0.2 pounds was really the killer.

Conor out on bail, on 10 mins notice choppered in as the PPV is about to end. Dana Vince McMahons his way to the cage and announces it as people are about to leave, the PPV is cut because the boys in the truck got mixed signals, and the fight is only filmed on cellphones in the crowd.

It's the only logical conclusion to this circus.

4 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Soto was. Barao was hospitalized the day of the weigh ins.

Although I'm not using that example as a reason this should go ahead, since if there was any situation a commission should step in and say no it would be the Soto situation. just pointing out the inconsistencies between different states

O ya i forgot how that turned out. Well then i dk. Problem with having state by state commish instead of one governing body. 

12 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

and I guess if the title fight doesn't happen, Conor's still the champ? and Tony's still the interim champ?

this situation is ridiculous. more action than most PPVs

Thats what i was wondering to. 

9 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

and I guess if the title fight doesn't happen, Conor's still the champ? and Tony's still the interim champ?

this situation is ridiculous. more action than most PPVs

Does this count as a title defense?

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

So if he didnt go insane he could have just jumped in for max. 

It's really interesting if that weight is accurate, and not doctored or anything. It would surely mean that Conor was in shape to step in if needed. surely his walkaround weight is at least 165+

2 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

It's really interesting if that weight is accurate, and not doctored or anything. It would surely mean that Conor was in shape to step in if needed. surely his walkaround weight is at least 165+

Actually, thinking more, ignore me. That picture HAS to be doctored. When he weighed in against Eddie he still looked kinda skeletal, but in the pics of him at the police station he looked like his regular self. no way he's 155 today.

How far away is the jail from the arena? If they post bail and he has to jog to the arena does he have a chance to make it into the cage at the correct weight?

There has to be an egghead formula to figure this out.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Yeah I don't really get how that's their call. If the fighters want it, the UFC wants it, and it's above-board in terms of medicals and weight, let them fight!

That's kinda their whole job. To determine if fights are sanctioned or not.

Archived